Dana 70 to 80 swap?

kleann

VP44 pwr
What parts(as in yokes/driveshaft parts) will I need for the swap to a D70 to a D80 into a dodge extended cab longbed? the D80 is out of a 1998 truck and the truck we are putting it in is a 2000.

Thanks! :thankyou2:

Should need the cradles that the u bolts go through on the bottom of the axle, and larger u-joint on the end of your driveshaft, which I think you will have to have shortened anyway.

New cradles if you don't have the ones for the 4" tubes on the 80. And I would go with new u-bolts too to match up larger diameter and the old ones have been stretched as well.

You might want to think about upgrading to a 1480 yoke and pinion on the rear while you are at it. Spicer makes a no-zerk u-joint that will hold up much better. This all depends upon what you're going to do with the truck. If pulling - go with the 1480.

Search for dana 80 parts on here, there is a list of part numbers for the u-joint and yolks.

Everything mentioned here sounds right. And since your putting a 98 axle underneath your 2000 your speedometer sensor will plug right in on top of the pumpkin too.

Thanks for the additional info guys. But what do mean by upgrading the pinion?

d80 yoaks

if you want to up grade to the 1480 u-joints on the rear i have the D80 1480 yoaks w/strap kits for $75

Bump, does anyone know what he is saying about upgrading the pinion?

The yoke that bolts to the pinion, where your drive shaft attaches to the rear end.

The yoke that bolts to the pinion, where your drive shaft attaches to the rear end.

:poke: I know that buddy. The way he worded it, it just seemed like he was saying that there is an "better" pinion that is recommended!

Back