Dana 70hd

My 60 is holding about that. Moser axles strange spool. That is it! I know it is pushing it but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I know of several high HP drag trucks running the Dana 70u rear, factory rear end on the 2nd gen Dodge Ram 2500's.

For what it's worth, with 300k on the clock, my 98' developed a vibration that eventually took out the speedometer and caused me to dig deeper. Long story short, I just discovered (5) missing teeth on the pinion gear in my Dana 70. My truck is between 600 & 700 HP and is used to tow race trucks, play, give customer's rides, burnouts once in a while, but it is still my daily driver. After seeing broken parts floating in my 98's rear, I'd be very cautious using a Dana 70 rear on a 900 HP full weight street truck, especially if it's a torque monster with a quick spooling compound turbo setup like my daily driver.

I know of several high HP drag trucks running the Dana 70u rear, factory rear end on the 2nd gen Dodge Ram 2500's.

For what it's worth, with 300k on the clock, my 98' developed a vibration that eventually took out the speedometer and caused me to dig deeper. Long story short, I just discovered (5) missing teeth on the pinion gear in my Dana 70. My truck is between 600 & 700 HP and is used to tow race trucks, play, give customer's rides, burnouts once in a while, but it is still my daily driver. After seeing broken parts floating in my 98's rear, I'd be very cautious using a Dana 70 rear on a 900 HP full weight street truck, especially if it's a torque monster with a quick spooling compound turbo setup like my daily driver.

Well mine only weighs 5800lb and has a twin turbo 5.3ls. So not a torque monster. And with the new motor it probably weighs in at 5450lb.

Dana 70 in mine at over 1k hp. Nothing crazy just a spool and 3.54s setup a little tighter. They opted for the dana 70 route because nobody offered disc brake conversion kit for the dana 80s way back when the truck was originally built.

east coast gear spool and yukon axles in my 70 with 354 ratio . also a little over 1k hp. drag truck and it is holding great. pretty sure it wouldent hold with sled pulling but, meets my needs in my application.

Back