Data link not working

clarkoh

I just completed turning my Excursion into a Fummins. Truck is 01 with 340K+. 7.3 was tired. Got an 04.5 common rail with under 100K and used a 48RE. Added the Anteater controller. The donor was a 6speed. Guy I got it from had the ECM flashed for automatic. Probably unneeded,but it's done. Diesel Conversion did the wiring harness, mounts, etc.
I am having issues with defueling. Have to baby the throttle to get upshifts and it stumbles and surges badly with any throttle pressure. But I can get it to 70, if I have a hill and plenty of patience. I bought auto enginuity to read codes and help with diagnostics. It talks to the Ford PCM perfectly. Found loads of codes, which have the PCM asking, "How is this truck running?" LOL! I cannot get connection with the DCS provided data link for the ECM. Can anyone suggest how to check it for correct wiring? Or possibly any issue with the program figuring out the correct connection protocol?
BTW, I did change the fuel filter with no effect.
One other thing. I am trying to use the Ford lift pump. It runs and cuts off when it dead heads. My concern is that it is capable of 65-100psi!! So far it starts and runs ok. I would like to change that pump. Should I go to stock Mopar/Cummins electric or after market? Can that high pressure cause issues with the injector pump?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes it can mess up the CP3 15PSI max pressure! C an't help with the other issue but it may be the issue!

Thanks. Getting Dodge pump, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Got a Air Dog Raptor installed. Upsized the fuel pickup and all the fuel lines. Truck still will not take any throttle. 6-7000 psi at idle, as soon as I crack the throttle, it starts surging and defueling. Line pressure drops very low, engine surges. When I let off, line pressure climbs to 15-16000 for a few seconds, then back to 6-7000. Limp mode?? Data link issue was the place I was told to get 12volts from, was not 12 volts. Got several codes, none seem to have anything to do with fueling??

Last edited:
Back