Data logger question

2005duramax

I just recently bought a computech data logger and have all my sensors hooked up and ran I am only left with the tach. It says for the diesel they want me to drill a hole and mount the magnet off the dampener but how do I drill into my fluid dampener and how can I keep it in with out the magnet coming off and sucking threw my charger? Some tractor guys I talked to said they have a hub off there damper to run there water injection but obviously I can't run away water injection in 2.6 so any pictures or help would be awesome truck is a 02 dodge with 24 valve block.

I have the same Data logger and I used the universal flywheel tachometer pickup DSL-2E by Dakota digital. It runs tach for the logger and I have a big tach on my dash works great.

Is there any other way to do it without buying another gauge to run? I am guessing that your tach is considered the universal one they offer just to little magnets and a sensor like on big truck in flywheel housing?

I run the big tach because I can see it better then my data logger, the Dakota digital box provides the tach signal for the datamaxx (it reads off the teeth on the flywheel no magnets). Also a good reason to run a secondary tach my
display quit working one time right before a pull once and I was able to make a hook.

yup thats what I used, you will need the flywheel tooth count and that box will create the tach signal you need. It's a pain to get set up sometimes but once you get it working it's great!

I am guessing you just tapped the bell housing then to run the flywheel sensor?

Yup That's what I did, I'm extremely happy with the datamaxx!

Back