Pinwheel2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Housing1.jpg
    Housing1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 16
  • Housing2.jpg
    Housing2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 9
Send it to Engineered Diesel. They are WAY less than HTT to rebuild and install a new wheel.

Yeah I was just reading one of the 62/68/13ss threads and thinking about calling Chris. Putting a 62 wheel on it might make a nice upgrade. Thanks Tony.

Yeah I was just reading one of the 62/68/13ss threads and thinking about calling Chris. Putting a 62 wheel on it might make a nice upgrade. Thanks Tony.

Been running E.D.s 62/68/14 since August. Best turbo I have had yet!

Ran a 62/65/14, 64/71/14 and a 64/74/14.

not to bust your bubble, but that is a holset charger, not a borg warner charger, the 62mm borg warner compressor wheel will not fit the shaft, and compressor housing on that hx40 charger. i believe you have the largest compressor wheel for that turbo, and im sure that they could score a new compressor wheel, and rebuild the turbo for you.

Wes

Tony, at about what RPM does your turbo spool at? I know you have a ported head which would help.

Wes I guess the parts would be somewhat interchangeable but I'll see what Chris says. Since the shaft & bearing are weak points on the HX40-based turbo maybe I should switch out to a BW unit.

I appreciate the input & information you and Tony have shared in some of the other threads, has been very helpful.

Tony, at about what RPM does your turbo spool at? I know you have a ported head which would help.

Wes I guess the parts would be somewhat interchangeable but I'll see what Chris says. Since the shaft & bearing are weak points on the HX40-based turbo maybe I should switch out to a BW unit.

I appreciate the input & information you and Tony have shared in some of the other threads, has been very helpful.

It starts to build boost around 1400 and by 1550-1600 its at 50psi.

It spools just like the 62/65 I had but has MORE topend and cools MUCH better.

Shouldn't be to much money for the rebuild if it just needs a new compressor wheel and the rest can just be cleaned up. The 14cm exhaust housing was from a volvo trash truck application. IMO an s300 based turbo like whats available from I.I, HTT, etc. are going to spool slower then what you have now at your horsepower level. If your EGT's stay in check with what you have now spend the $300 to $500 bucks and have it rebuilt.

Heh, Volvo trash truck huh? That's pretty cool LOL

My Jammer starts building boost down to 1200 RPM but doesn't really start coming alive until 1300-1350.

Back