DDP Comps and a 64?

ctdiesel99

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just wondering how this setup will workout. I think i would regret getting the DDP 200's so how would the comps run with a 64/71/13 htt turbo? Egt's? Spool? Hp output? Daily driven? Im sure someone on here has ran this combo so i'm just looking to hear some insight. Thought about going with a s465 or something bigger than the 64 but i'm getting a smokin' deal on this 64 so how well will it work?

i think it will be a little warm but i didnt think it would be all that bad. Anybody else care to comment on this setup?

i ran them with a 66 and they were not bad, i know people that run them on a 62...you should be fine if you are careful

for all you haters it can be done on a 62, im doing it as we speak. Have had my comps for a little over a month now and im running a 62/65/14 HTT with ddp comp 250s. I've got three hooks on this set up as well. With my juice all the way up and water on going down the track i saw right aroung 1450*. Cruising egts are the same as the 150s i had and my stockers. Very little haze just on cold mornings. Fuel mileage hasnt dropped at all either. I have towed with it as well not heavy by any means but nothing to whimpy. I would say a 64 with these comps would be an awesome set up as i know im running short on air.

Should be fine. I loved my super b special with my mach 6+'s, drove great and ran hard.

well i just found out that my deal on the 64 fell through. So now i guess i get to pick the charger im going to run with the ddp comps, what would you all suggest? I was thinking something along the lines of 64-66/71-74/.90 a/r?

5 speed manual. cam, springs, and push rods will be in the near future, but not right off the bat

thevermind just saw you are running a valair yea with a standered im sure you would love a silver bullet it pulls like a jet with that 74 exhaust wheel!

Stick with the 64 I say. I like the 71 turbine, but I'm sure with your standard trans the 74 wouldn't be bad. Turbo auto diesel out of Arizona was going to build me a 64, and had great prices. Maybe give them a call.

after calling and bugging chris in the past, and their reputation, i think i'll be getting engineered diesel to build my turbo, but i appreciate the suggestion. I understand that these injectors aren't "that big" but i think they might be a little big for a 64. I'm thinking of going to a 66 only because if i decide the ddp comps arent big enough, and go to a 6x16 or 6x18, i won't have to change the turbo either. I just think something like a 66/74/.9 would give me room to grown and make great power.

after calling and bugging chris in the past, and their reputation, i think i'll be getting engineered diesel to build my turbo, but i appreciate the suggestion. I understand that these injectors aren't "that big" but i think they might be a little big for a 64. I'm thinking of going to a 66 only because if i decide the ddp comps arent big enough, and go to a 6x16 or 6x18, i won't have to change the turbo either. I just think something like a 66/74/.9 would give me room to grown and make great power.

Well E.D. built my 66/73/ .91 A/R non gated T4 turbo and i love it. I am dd it right now with just a hrvp, jim jessup tune, and 125hp injectors and cant tell a diffrence from a hx35. If you just put it to the floor there is some lag but drive it normally would around town and ease into the throttle not just stick it to the floor. I have a 6sp and 4.10s. Well if you get the ddp comps with a 66 just have some lift and stroke added to them for a nice jump in hp. I will be goin to a 175hp injector end of the week for awhile till i get my 7x12s.

Back