dead batteries

xtreme8504

Paid for by ME
I just had my trans built by level ten in PA :badidea:- Be cautious of this place if you care what your truck looks like, the guys are slobs on paint and they dont understand what its like to make a panel straight and keep it that way! Anyways my batteries keep dying...this is a new problem thats stumping me. They are new (october of 08) Deka intimidator 770 CCA high reserve. Alternator is charging at 13.8 with truck at idle. Everything is off when truck is parked, I was curious to know if the trans ECM could possibly be drawing power when the truck is off? I dont know a whole lot about the trans computer. Regardless of what mods are done to the truck, this just started happening since the trans was built. Makes no sense to me considering the truck sat from november to late january and fired right up...now its dead after sitting for 2 days? It happened 3 times last week!?

did it start when they got the truck done. what did you mean about make a panel straight. The new trucks have alot of electric stuff on them if it was fine before they could have left one of the connectors loose that could be the problem. had a z71 and one of the seat controls was messed up causeing the battery to die

Never had a battery problem before the trans came out...The guys dont understand dents are bad! I spebt about 140 hours on the body of the truck this winter blocking the body to straighten it before it was painted. It looked perfect before they worked on it, I got it back with all kinds of scratches and little dents...u know when u lean over the fender and your zipper rubs the fender? thats the **** they did...and opening the door and it hits the lift? Ya, that too -
Somewhere the truck it drawing power when its turned off. If I disconnect both positive cables, and use a test light between the positive cable and positive post on the battery, the light is bright. I understand computer controlled vehichles pull a small amount of power all the time, but something is pulling enough of a draw to kill 2 batteries in less than 24 hours.

no it must be one of the wires they missed with to unhook the tranny try that all of them the 4-4 wires tranny wires any one connector that they could have unhooked, and are they not responible for the damage to the truck they caused

I figured out the problem, A bad climate control board in the dash was causing the "tbc batt" (truck body controller- battery) to stay on, drawing 12 volts at 16 amps. Yes they are responsible for damage that they did to the truck

Back