dead

95psd

My 95 psd was cranking realy slowly last week when I parked it ( I drive a company truck 5 days a week) sunday night, but pluged it in just to see if it help the problem out. Thinking that maby if it was warm it wouldn't sutch a drain on the glow plugs no sutch luck, but it still started. I went out to dinner and when I came out it just bearly started so I droped off the gf. I made another stop on the way and it just started. When I got home I had to do some truck shuffling and a friend shut my truck off and it would not start we trying useing my work truck which is a 02 F-450 tow truck and even with the cables and a booster pack it was a no go, so we rolled it down the hill and it fired. So I guess my question is any ideas on what it could be other than my alt ? for batts I run 2 red top optimas, can't remember which ones they are but their the bigger ones. Any help would be great.

I had a hard start issue a few months ago. New glow plugs did not help. Since I had the factory batteries since new, I got new ones and that did not help. I ordered new battery cables from powerstrokeshop.com and the truck started better than ever. there was no visable corrosion on the cables, but the cables were the problem. Hope this helps.

put on a 99+ starter...one less bolt and its less money i belive...it'll bolt right on.

Back