Delivery Valve Pop Pressure

michael.kitko

I've looked all over and started a thread on Cummins Forum regarding my hard starting, white smoke billowing, conversion. I have swapped injectors and I am not loosing coolant. I bled the fuel lines more than once, and the only thing I actually haven't touched on this truck build is the injector pump and vacuum pump. I am starting to think my problem is coming from the delivery valves.

1. When I rechecked timing, I noticed that I am missing the spring seats and shims on my delivery valve springs. Could this cause what I'm seeing?

2. If I were to get those parts, what pop pressure should the delivery valves be set at?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hard starting and white smoke are timing or mismatched parts. I’ve read many posts like yours stating they’ve checked and double checked their timing, ESPECIALLY on conversions or builds where the pump is not original to the engine or has been messed with, but in 95% of the cases, in the end, they finally figure out that they’re doing something wrong or that there’s something wrong or different about their pump, shaft, gear, etc.

Back