Died while driving no codes no oil pressure

nbowlin

I have an 05 140k died driving down the road no codes towed to shop and it will not build oil pressure. it had 5 something gallons of oil in it when I drained it to check the lpo regulator which didnt appear to have a problem or anything stuck in there with it. the truck has had injectors 2, 4, 5(twice),6, 7, and 8 replaced, has had the hpo tube update done to it, oil cooler, egr cooler and it was all done in the last 25k-ish miles. I have a guage in the oil pressure sensor hole and nothing doing there.

just wondering what the heck dont want to tear more than what is really necessary apart, and I know someone knows what this things deal is. thanks

5 gallons? Thats 20 quarts.... seems overfilled to me...

I had the same problem with an 04. No LPOP, but the truck would eventually run with enough cranking. Although both the LPO and HPO pressures were very very very low. It ended up being a "pop off" ball on the side of the HPOP that blew out. Causing a massive leak in the HPOP, which was enough to cause a 0psi situation in the LPO system as well.

Take the oil filter out and hold down the drain in the bottom of the filter housing. Have someone crank the motor and see if it fills up the housing. If it does, you can assume the low pressure pump is still working, and I would be looking towards a very large leak on the HPO system.

Sounds like what happened to my 06. It turned out to be a branch fitting that had gone bad. It held under air pressure, but when you put oil back into the system, it wouldn't start. Took the tech about three weeks to figure it out. Not an easy fix, they had to take the transmission out as well as the whole top of the motor off.

did the filter out crank deal and it fills in an acceptable manner but I have no pressure on the mechanical gauge, could it be that the lpop was damaged from running that fuel diluted oil and its clearances are such that it will provide flow with no pressure? thoughts???

The truck was towing a 20 something foot ski boat just cleared two passes and died on the down hill side of the latter.

I fills a 5 gallon bucket? You have fuel getting into the oil somewhere.

new lpop and it makes low pressure no but still no fire or even an attempt to fire. up hill I went the ipr had a broken screen wadded up on the end of it, and I took the valve covers and rails off to try and find the leaker injectors, but not sure where to go after that.

If the IPR screen was destroyed then something went through the pump.

off with the intake and out with the hpop then? I have not seen a 6 liter one before is it something you will be able to see if its damaged or not? or just assume its damaged and replace it?

Pull the intake and HPOP cover. Get something to plug the turbo feed line, put the oil filter housing and filter back in it and crank the motor over with the valve covers still off. If you have a massive leak in the HPO system, it might show up here. Or you can get use the adapters to pressure test the HPO system using compressed air.

Back