DIESEL POWER Magazine: Seeking 2011 Events

97rattlebox

We're working on the 2011 events calendar for the June issue and want some feedback on pulls, drag races, and dyno days we might've missed in the past.

If you've got a shop and know the date, place, and what the event will entail (be it sled pull, drag race, dyno, or all of the above), post up. The same goes for anyone wanting to put on an event for the first time in 2011 (ie, dyno day...).

If the event is a sure thing (date set in stone, location pin-pointed, etc.) post up.

The one catch is that the calendar only covers from May 1-on (the June issue comes out in May, rendering pre-May events pointless to include).

We've got about 6 weeks before it's sent to press. Thanks.

P.S. When is the Smokin' event this year???

PPE has a new catalog out with lots of dates listed in it, you might be able to get some ideas from it if you have or get one. ( be sure to take note of the picture for May :) )

Smokin' is Oct 1st.

Here's a few you may not have......

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

Sweet. Thanks.

Look in the NADM and NHRDA sections for race dates

Yes I've done that. I just don't want any good events to slip through the cracks this year. If anyone thinks an event needs/deserves some publicity, post up!

I would say Platte County Fair, Platte City, MO, but they don't have their 2011 fair dates set yet.

You should really come check out the NHRDA event in Brainerd MN, Josh from JAG'S Pro Truck Shop is in charge, there will be the usuall drag racing, pluss a big sled pull, a dyno, a tow test/race, truck show and shine, and more. basically a midwest diesel challenge. I believe it will be June 25th and 26th, if you want more info pm me.

Oh and i got a hotel covered if you come!

Numidia PA--NADM

World finals KS NHRDA

TS-outlaw

Piedmont NC -Outlaw

Thats all i can think of right now....

Mason Dixon Dragway , Boonsboro, Md. October 15 - 16. Very large turnout last year at this race, 80 + pick ups, plus a fair amount of big rigs. Alot of fast trucks were there. Thanks Steve B.

Not being a dick but its in hagerstown md and it is a great time lots of trucks

bobby

the nhrda event in VA this year at virginia motorsports park will be a good one to hit. It is the best track in VA in my op. there is very good support internally at VMP marketing wise and should be a really good turnout.

I stand corrected they have a boonsboro address but there banner does say Hagerstown, md mason dixon drag way

bobby

Mike - You gonna make it out to Phoenix this year?

I won't be making it out, but I'm hopeful Sands will. It was a pretty good event last year. Great turnout.

the nhrda event in VA this year at virginia motorsports park will be a good one to hit. It is the best track in VA in my op. there is very good support internally at VMP marketing wise and should be a really good turnout.

July 16th and 17th? I've got it down. Thanks.

Keep 'um coming...

JULY 1, 2 AND 3RD - PREBLE COUNTY SMOKE OUT, EATON OHIO @ THE PREBLE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
FRIDAY THE 1ST 7:00 PM - 2.6 AND 3.0 DIESEL TRUCKS, V-8 HOT-ROD TRACTORS, 9000 # ALTERED FARM AND A OPEN ( run what you brung and hope its enough ) CLASS

SATURDAY THE 2ND - 1:00 PM BUCKEYE OUTLAW GAS 4X4 TRUCKS, STREET STOCK GAS TRUCKS, WORK STOCK DIESEL, 12000 # PRO FARM, HOT SEMIS AND 6000 # NATURAL ASPIRATED

SATURDAY NIGHT 7:00 PM - NADM PULL 2.6, 3.0, WORKSTOCK AND SUPER STREET DIESEL TRUCKS

SUNDAY THE 3RD - 12:00 PM - ANTIQUE CLASSES - 4500, 5500 AND 6500 # CLASSES, 5000 # OPEN SPEED LIMIT, 12000 # OUT OF FIELD FARM STOCK AND 15000 # OUT OF FIELD FARM STOCK

MASS DIESEL DYNO FRIDAY AND SATURDAY - SHOW AND SHINE SATURDAY - KIDDIE TRACTOR PULL - VENDORS ALLEY

CAMPING AVAILABLE $ 20.00 / NIGHT (H2O AND ELECTRIC)

http://www.preblecountyfair.org

AirDog is working very hard to make something extra happen with this event. The monster truck will be there as well.

Open House and Dyno day at Bullseye Power May 28th.

2134 Northwoods Ave
Muskegon, MI 49442

DynoJet
$55 for 2 pulls
$65 for 3 pulls

AirDog is working very hard to make something extra happen with this event. The monster truck will be there as well.

Awesome I look foward to seeing the truck, Ron and i worked very hard last year with marketing and will do so again this year i feel good about this event

Back