disk brake conversion

gwhammy

I put disk brakes on the back, works great just one problem. The rotor fits on the back of the hub but the press in part of the stud won't reach the hub. Got it rigged right now but I would like the studs to lock right in the hub. Anyone done this conversion?

I just thought about front studs this morning. I've got some in a killer truck the rearend came out of. Thanks,Gary

Figured it out for those wanting to do it. I counter sunk the studs down in the rotors and left about a 1/4 inch of the rotor under the studs. Stud sticks out about the same as with the brake drum and the stud locks in tight. I made the hole the stud goes in real tight to the outside of the head of the stud.

weight difference between the two is more interesting to me. i'm guessing the drum setup will be lighter.

Rotors are mid 70's chevy four wheel drive front rotors. Calipers are mid 70's gm big car front calipers. The brackets are speedway weld on brackets for a nine inch ford cut to set on the flange on the dana 70 axle. I also welded a couple of angle braces to the tube just for a little more strength.

I would say just guessing the weight is about half the drum setup or maybe a little less. I'll try to get a weight on the rotors when I redo them next week.Pictures are real hard for me, not very computer savy.

Last edited:
Back