doin the cummins conversion

1TONPSD

they call me BIG COUNTRY
i have decided to do a cummins swap in my 99.5 F-350, going with a 24V outta my buddies dodge. i know there is several of you guys out there that have done this swap and i am looking for any help i can get, the motor will have all the wiring i need to make it run, i know i am going to need a adaptor plate for the trans and a set of mounts, is there anything else you guys know that i might need, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hoses, tach, Go-Pedal Setup, trans controller (if an auto) Ect...

i am guessing that by suggesting a tach that my stock tach will no longer work?

sweet, now i also see there is the PCS trans controller do you guys recommend that for a controller or is there another one out there that would be better our any particular one that i should stay away from, i was thinking about going with the PCS.

I recommend the PCS, it can do Manual shift with the cruise control buttons, shift lights and even have lights turn on to show you which gears you are in ...even a TCC lockup indicator...this is a really nice unit, oh and also you can live tune your transmission while you drive also.

Tim

Go check out the conversion section on this site. Search and read all the posts. Most every question is answered. I was in your situation a few years ago! Good luck!

Back