DOR - Dodge Off Road Track Bar - Opinions?

satburn

I'm going through the ol' girl in order of need... Radiator will be here next week. My current OE track bar is toast so I'm going that route before diving into steering. I was looking at the Solid Steel Industries version when I stumbled across this:

DODGE OFF ROAD Track Bar Highest Quality Lifted Stock Custom

Anybody run this thing? Looks beefy for sure, but I'm concerned running a heim joint on the frame end of a DD... No bushing obviously but will this thing transfer too much "noise" to the chassis?

Thanks!

Danny makes good stuff right up there with Thuren Fab in my opinion, when I have the money I will be getting an adjustable trac bar from him.

I sent him an email and will be looking at this one pretty hard. Looks like a good option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

I had a DT track bar with a heim on the frame end. Every 6 months I was changing it out. Went to a thuren and a 150k miles later the axle bushing is finally wearing out.

i got the spohn bar and swaybar endlinks . Very Very solid. If you check there site around holidays, they usually have a special. I got mine a 2 years ago around thanksgiving and it was cheaper...

Went with the DOR track bar and ordered the complete 3rd gen steering upgrade. Can't wait to see how she drives after all the upgrades!

I wouldn't count on it. There's a LOT of money being thrown at these front ends that in my opinion is a waste.....not saying what you're wanting to do is a waste but I've had perfectly good luck with the old Luke's Link. You don't have to buy a new track bar and if installed right it will do the job as well as anything else. I used to stock pile them along with the steering stabilizer bracket and never rebuilt a Dodge front end that didn't get those along with any other steering components that needed replaced. My truck drove better with over 300,000 hard miles than almost any normall 60,000 mile 2nd gen. If I would have kept it one more thing i wanted to try was swapping in a 90's chevy steering box for the tighter ratio but I sold the truck.

I tried a fancy aftermarket stainless needle bearing steering shaft too and drove myself nuts doing everything from replacing shocks to buying new engine mounts trying to fix whatever kept beating on the floor every time I hit a bump. A new OEM steering shaft solved the problem. They have those rubber bushings in them for a reason.

I tried a fancy aftermarket stainless needle bearing steering shaft too and drove myself nuts doing everything from replacing shocks to buying new engine mounts trying to fix whatever kept beating on the floor every time I hit a bump. A new OEM steering shaft solved the problem. They have those rubber bushings in them for a reason.

Good to know .... :thankyou2:

Ahhh so much better... took almost all of the play out of it. The reaminder is in the gear box. Went 1/4 turn on the nut which helped a lot... the rest is some side to side lash on the output shaft. It is so nice not to herd it down the road for a change. And its so much quieter without all the chitty chitty bang bang.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379904987867.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379904987867.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379905010455.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379905010455.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Ahhh so much better... took almost all of the play out of it. The reaminder is in the gear box. Went 1/4 turn on the nut which helped a lot... the rest is some side to side lash on the output shaft. It is so nice not to herd it down the road for a change. And its so much quieter without all the chitty chitty bang bang.

Looks like there might be issues with clearance with the diff?

Looks like there might be issues with clearance with the diff?

Previous setup rubbed when turning lock to lock... mostly due to the wheel not being centered... so hard lefts would touch, but this has been since corrected.

Back