double hood stack 3rd gen

CTD03

One Hot 03
doublestacked.jpg

who is this

It was an automatic. I never have seen it make a good pull. They tried it in the open class a few times that i saw it pull, but they never could get the transmission to shift or put any power down. It was weird. They may have the bugs worked out of it by now though.

Eric

It was an automatic. I never have seen it make a good pull. They tried it in the open class a few times that i saw it pull, but they never could get the transmission to shift or put any power down. It was weird. They may have the bugs worked out of it by now though.

Eric

its a 6 speed know i just followed the youtube link. still pretty neat idea with the hood stack

Twin turbo, individual stacks

I would agree on that one is an intake. If they were twin turbo, individual stacks, I would imagine they wouldn't be compound twins.

If that's an intake why would you want it so close to the exit point of 1600+ degree air???

Edit: guess it is in front of the exhaust pipe. Oh well, I'll stick with my conventional setup.

Last edited:
The exhaust should be going behind the truck due to forward movement(unless there is wind) and the air won't be 1600 right there, the turbo will help cool it down. Warm air though for sure.

The exhaust should be going behind the truck due to forward movement(unless there is wind) and the air won't be 1600 right there, the turbo will help cool it down. Warm air though for sure.

Yeah, just dawned in me (see edit). How bout some rain though:doh:

Back