Drag Race

WAYNES WORLD

Dennis, Tim or anybody in charge of the drag race portion,

I liked the saturday qualifying very much.
Seeing some of the local cars run was fun.
I was very disappointed in the delays during the event.
On sunday the event was running good at the start.
The oil delays are part of the race.
BUT, the delay of calling the racers to the staging lanes needs to be improved.
Especially during the 90* temps.
What can be done about that?
Tim, is there a way to turn up the volume on the speakers?
You seemed a little "shy" at the mic on sunday.
How come the burnout contest didn't happen?
Why was there 4 singles during one round of the 7.70 program?
How about a misting tent for the spectators during extreme hot weather ?
Is there any chance those portable stands could be setup by the starting line on both sides ?
Can a top for shade on the stands be obtained next year?

Thanks for the event !

WAYNES WORLD

Dennis, Tim or anybody in charge of the drag race portion,

I liked the saturday qualifying very much.
Seeing some of the local cars run was fun.
I was very disappointed in the delays during the event.

Delays happen....Nobody hates them more than me....We are always aware and try to adapt to them.

On sunday the event was running good at the start.
The oil delays are part of the race.
BUT, the delay of calling the racers to the staging lanes needs to be improved.

Once racers start paying attention and coming to the lane when they are called then this will get better.

Especially during the 90* temps.
What can be done about that?

Can't control the weather.....It has rained in years past.
Tim, is there a way to turn up the volume on the speakers?

Some audio problems showed themselves during the race....Hopefully they will get them lined out.
You seemed a little "shy" at the mic on sunday.

Timbeaux does helps us out when he can...I think I heard him call all of the Pro Classes and some of the others.

How come the burnout contest didn't happen? It did before the final rounds of eliminations.

Why was there 4 singles during one round of the 7.70 program?

Broke singles.....Again, nothing we can do about that.......Trucks broke.

How about a misting tent for the spectators during extreme hot weather ?
Is there any chance those portable stands could be setup by the starting line on both sides ?

Insurance reasons.

Can a top for shade on the stands be obtained next year?

No....Unless the rental company puts them on before there are rented.

Thanks for the event !

No problem....Glad you enjoyed it.....A lot of work went into it and we like to hear good responses.

WAYNES WORLD

Hope that helps clear things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.
Suggestions & comments are there for improvement of our events.
I do remember seeing stands on the Honey Creek side in the past.

Sticky,
Is that the best you can do?:bs:

WAYNES WORLD

The only thing about the event that I didn't like was they had the entrance to the drag strip closed and we had to come in the main gate. As everyone knows it got pretty congested. Seems like they could figure out something different there but other then that I think the drag racing portion went as smooth as it could have.

Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.
Suggestions & comments are there for improvement of our events.
I do remember seeing stands on the Honey Creek side in the past.

Sticky,
Is that the best you can do?:bs:

WAYNES WORLD

I answered your questions? Did I not? Thanks for the suggestions and comments?

I believe he's just saying comments and suggestions are here to help our events get better so if anyone has them speak up?

TMONYDIESEL,

You are correct-------

It seems there is some confusion on my post.
I was trying to suggest some areas to help from the spectator side of an event.
I race as well as view the races.
Sometimes the view is different than the organizer or racer side.
Yes, you answered my questions/ideas.
But the points from the spectator side are worth looking into.
The speakers have been an issue since I have been going to the SDX event.
I realize that its a Wabash Valley responsibility but maybe before next years event it can be tested.
Could the racers have had the same issue in the pits?
How about a volunteer or 2 helping marshall the racers up there?
I would have been glad to help, as I'm sure others would.
Remember when you asked for help at Indy after the move from Muncie?
I'm not sure whether or not you replied insurance reasons to the stands near the line or the misting tent. I do remember stands there in the recent past. The stands would have been better viewing on the Honey Creek side.

I can't imagine the headaches you go thru to put on an event like this.
Thanks for you efforts,
WAYNES WORLD

Just make Sunday as a travel day and don't waste your time going to the Scheid show drag races. Just wait for Bowling Green in the spring/early summer. I live in Terre Haute and don't go to the event on Sunday. I've been going to the event on Friday and Saturday for years and love it. I went to the races once and it was ridiculous slow paced. A Friday 'Fun Night' was run smoother.

The only thing about the event that I didn't like was they had the entrance to the drag strip closed and we had to come in the main gate. As everyone knows it got pretty congested. Seems like they could figure out something different there but other then that I think the drag racing portion went as smooth as it could have.

X2 I believe if it were moving a bit faster the ratards might not be as apt to be doing burnouts and being stupid.

Just make Sunday as a travel day and don't waste your time going to the Scheid show drag races. Just wait for Bowling Green in the spring/early summer. I live in Terre Haute and don't go to the event on Sunday. I've been going to the event on Friday and Saturday for years and love it. I went to the races once and it was ridiculous slow paced. A Friday 'Fun Night' was run smoother.

And when did you go last, Sir? The same guys run both the Scheid and TS outlaw races.

92Fordcummins i agree that would slow down that burn out nonsence, but i still think the alcohol is the biggest problem, stop it all together and see how it goes.

That may explain it then. Last I went was SDX 2008.

08 did run long... That was the first year it went outlaw, and there were a few oildowns. Also, the track there has some pretty rudimentary track prep equipment..... It takes longer for cleanup then at Bowling Green and other places.... Plus, the folks that owned the track back then were a bit off as well. We got the whole show in in 5 hours Sunday once we started eliminations 4 rounds of Prostreet, 41 ET trucks, and the strongest 7.70 field so far this year..... and had a massive oildown to boot.

Tim and Dennis if I'm reading this right, you guys operate the drags for both the TS and SDX events and Schied does the pulls? Do you have any T&T, grudge or buy back bracket racing to help fill the dead time during the eliminations? Helps fill the dead time and allows guys who have been eliminated to race some more if they want. Allow them to buy back in for say $20 or so in a bracket style race and winner takes the pot or split pot or however you set it up. Either of you coming to Topeka in Sept if for nothing else to watch?

08 did run long... That was the first year it went outlaw, and there were a few oildowns. Also, the track there has some pretty rudimentary track prep equipment..... It takes longer for cleanup then at Bowling Green and other places.... Plus, the folks that owned the track back then were a bit off as well. We got the whole show in in 5 hours Sunday once we started eliminations 4 rounds of Prostreet, 41 ET trucks, and the strongest 7.70 field so far this year..... and had a massive oildown to boot.

Sorry, one of those oil downs was us. Something wasn't right with the engine and the guy that built it said go ahead and run it and see how it does. This was the first pass on a new motor.:bang About 300 ft. and 15k plus went boom! :doh:I was so pissed I loaded everything up and went home and I didn't care how long it lasted.:hehe:

Back