DT466E convert to P7100.

RonA

Is it as easy to convert a DT466E to P7100 as it is to do a p-pump conversion on a 24V Cummins?

I am just guessing but I would think the head is entirely different.

There are parts available to make this happen such as the hub required to mount on the front of pump. The boys at wipeout had one a while back if I remember correctly.

It's good to have a donor engine, due to the parts needed. Yes, basically the same difficulty as Ppumping a 24V.

-head, with valve cover
-injectors
-pump with gear(95-97 is better chance of being a 7100, not a 3000).
-high and low pressure fuel lines
-timing case

Last edited:
Wasn't there a few that had a factory p pump? I swear I've seen them at junk yards.

Wasn't there a few that had a factory p pump? I swear I've seen them at junk yards.
Yes, thats my note of looking for the 95-97, because those are most likely to have the 7100 pump. The late 93 to late 94 will have a P3000.
When shopping in bone yards, look for the designation of DT466NGD or DT466P. You will need to get the pump also, since they are a Left rotation. Cant use a Cummins pump on this generation of 408/466/530. But the Cummins pump is what you need for the older 466 and 360.

I've got a good friend that builds diesel pulling tractors that could answer that. Probably knows where to find the used parts as a lot of the ones he works on are almost all aftermarket blocks and heads. You back on building a dyno driver?

Back