Dtt advice

I'm not gonna get into all that. It's not my place.

There's a reason Dave Goerend sends Garmon tons of tranny business this days since he's mainly just selling parts these days...it's almost too muc with the business he already has...

The two "G's" FTW!!

There's a reason Dave Goerend sends Garmon tons of tranny business this days since he's mainly just selling parts these days...it's almost too muc with the business he already has...

The two "G's" FTW!!

Like I said, I'm not getting into it or pouring salt on old wounds.

Sent from my paperweight

My wife and I are going to take a down south in 2 weeks. I'm gonna give TRE a call, are they in virginia? If they are they would be the closest to me. Thanks for all your input guys, Ill keep you posted.

I live in Webster NY. I drove to Enterprise Engine in Ohio for
my Goerend tran. have also been to TRE for engine work.
Can't beat either one. I will be going back to Tim for complete
bottom end rebuild this summer.

I'm about due for a rebuild. Seems you can't go wrong with Goerend or Garmon. I've got parts from both in my 47RE.

Anyone sporting Suncoast these days?

I always had sketchy service from DTT. Had them dock me money on a VB core because it was "dirty".

I'm about due for a rebuild. Seems you can't go wrong with Goerend or Garmon. I've got parts from both in my 47RE.

Anyone sporting Suncoast these days?

I always had sketchy service from DTT. Had them dock me money on a VB core because it was "dirty".

Just ordered a suncoast kit for my 47re. I am taking it to a local, reputable, high hp trans builder, he agreed to tell me what he thought of the components although he charges a premium for labor and said he wouldn't warranty it if i didn't use a valvebody kit from transgo.

The only thing i didn't like about the suncoast kit is the 5:1 apply lever but for a firmer hold i suppose i can deal with a slightly longer shift and if it bugs me too much i will simply have it switched out to a 4.4:1 or something similar.

Suncoast told me he won't reuse anything from my trans. Not the VB/billet input/servo, nothing.

Goerend has someone in MN build theirs now.

Didn't call Garmon yet, but looks like they're a pretty penny for my work truck.

Looks like I'll probably use the same guy I did last time, he is/was a Goerend vendor/builder in OH. I'll reuse the Garmon VB I have and get the converter restalled a little looser.

Back