Dual Feed lines

joni1013

Has any of you guys notice any HP gains, increased throttle response, or increase in low end power? i know the benefit is decreasing your likelyhood of burning or more so of cavitating the #1 barrel. i was just curious as to any other possible gains one may have experienced.

You are feeding the pump more efficiently, so in turn it will function better

i have exerienced that it has more bottom end, and less smoke on bottom also? which i thought it complete opposite when i decided to do this set up (thought may as well since i work in a hydraulic shop)

Big blue in the junker drag truck did back to back drag strip runs before and after the dual feed. He did the math and I think he estimated he gained 80+hp throughout the pass considering his traction issues.

I want to use a walbro 392 pump on a hobs pressure switch and have it pop on around 25psi of boost. Im not sure if I want to just run another line and dual feed the pump or just tap into the stock line with some sort of check valve setup. Im guessing dual feeding it would be better since I could run 1/2in line all the way up from the sump to the pump then to the front of the p-pump. My fuel pressure is 50-60 at idle but falls off fast after 1/2-3/4 throttle.

Last edited:
Why not use the hobbs switch to kick it on when the fuel pressure drops. I've never understood why people reference it from boost, as the two a not directly related.

Why not use the hobbs switch to kick it on when the fuel pressure drops. I've never understood why people reference it from boost, as the two a not directly related.

I have never seen anyone run a setup with a hobs switch other then propane or water injection. I thought the fuel might F up the switch. Boost would work just fine, if im over 25-30psi (rare) for more then a few seconds Ill be over any speed limit in the US or at the track.

Another argument could be the fact boost whips up way faster then fuel pressure drops so why wait till the fuel pressure is gone to kick it on. More fuel pressure always helps so why not have it flip on as soon as you are on the skinny pedal instead of waiting for fuel pressurre to drop.

I don't understand it at all ( boost reference ) there's no manifold press to over come , why not run it at optimum press all the time .....
Fatigue on the motor ?
Dual feed I understand, even skepticism . When you spend 1000$ plus on a pump why not make sure it's well fed constantly ... Cheap insurance IMO

So constantly varying electric motor and pump rpm (speed ) produces less wear? I think that's arguable .

I meant injection pump wear. But I'm sure it helps the electric motor as well.

And it wouldn't be constant variation, you don't have it changing at 2psi LOL More of a WOT situation.

A stock pump will and does support 99% my driving. I tow a lot for my business boats around town. Anything over 25-30 psi its boiling the tires slinging rocks at customers gel/paint.

The dual feed aux pump will kick on when I want fuel. I don't need 90psi of fuel pressure in the pump while I'm putting around town at 5psi.

I understand where your going with it . I regularly see 25 lbs ... So it would constantly be kicking off and on . I'm interested to see how it works out for you.

Back