Dumb question

madmikeismad

So mad
but has anyone actually had any positive results from those aero turbine mufflers? They seem like a gimmick to me, like throttle body spacers.

DAMN IT, WHY CAN I NEVER EDIT

I did some more googling, and found a few reviews for diesels, and almost every one (gas or diesel) was for ford. For the most part, everyone said it does pretty close to what the company claims.

If they are so great, how come you don't hear about more people running them? I still don't believe the hype.

Gimmick.
Ford guys believe anything in print. After years of beatings, they STILL think Ford has the best truck and nothing ever fails, and they still think Ford owns CumminGs, but they will get the engine next year..next hasn't come yet in 20 years.

So I wouldn't put much stock in their reviews.:hehe:

I assume you are trying to kill the drone. I got a 12" drone killer from Wally @ FTE (https://store.ftediesel.com/home/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=13&idcategory=8) that works well, very noticeable difference from my mbrp exhaust. Drone is knocked down a good bit but still has that good tone when you get on it, though I wish I had gone with the 30" version now, getting old I guess. Plus the price is a good bit less than aero turbine, give Wally a call, great guy to deal with, I got 4" preformed exhaust clamps from him as well, install was easy if you have a sawzall.

lol, I don't have any drone. Just curious if anyone actually had power gains. I figured there's no way it's better than a straight pipe. The theory behind it is cool, but I just don't see it working.

no way more power than a strait pipe on a diesel, its main purpose is to get the drone out at freeway speeds.

i have 50 50xl on3rd gen with 2nd gen manifold swap ended up putting 5in resonator behind the aero sounds ok wish i would have stayed with 4in exaust

I have the 4040XL. Wanting to reduce the drone and possibly egt's also. Didn't notice any real change in either.

Back