Dunlop Rover MT Maxx Traction Tire

bubba_pa

Looking at Dunlop's Rover MT Maxx Traction. A hybrid AT/MT with reported good longevity. Need something for pulling and will last a while on the street. Also looking at Goodyear Duratrac but had seen they don't seem to last long on the road. And then there's always the BFG AT but they don't seem to hook up well on some of the looser tracks I run on. Feel that I need to go with something more aggressive but don't want a pure MT. Would go with a 305/70/16 to gain some width on a 285/75/16 but don't think I can get a 315 to fit and still corner tight.

Here's a link to the Rover tire. Any and all thoughts welcomed.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/dunlop/product/submitProductSize.do;jsessionid=1cv6MJYZxrLs77mpH5qJHT4KTB9tspsw115hmVNMyLyG04TsQcFmFws2ppnrRyT4ZLqLsH6P9qx1s2pXlpjjd6LZTLGTbL4JygWn3CQpPhZfyCjYqGJjpCFjNHgGnGQT!211376117!185946316?pc=29236&typ=Truck%2FSUV&tmn=Rover+MT+Maxx+Traction

ive ran them and didnt really like them but my buddy has them and he does really well with them, they seem to hook pretty good with around 500hp idk how much you have

Thanks for response.

I'm reasonably sure I'm past 500 HP. Do you think that it is more HP that is necessary to get them to work? Any idea where you were at for HP when you ran them?

no id say the more hp the less it would hook, but what kinda tracks do you run on? and i had a lil over 500hp they hooked but didnt pull the truck down at the end

This year everything has been wet, slippery, heavy clay. But last year with it dryer I was still getting bested by more aggressive tread designs than the BFG AT's. Hard to know what to do when you're going to drop $800 in coin on a chance. My AT's worked pretty good new, but just haven't lasted (I have to snow plow unpaved, gravel - kind of tough on tires)

Decisions, decisions :nail:

yea i know i dropped 900 on mine and sold them 2 weeks later

Back