Dyno operators

Nor'Easter

Had my truck run a month ago, at the start of the second run the guy stomped so hard on the pedal it ripped off both return springs and the long linkage arm.

Is it normal that the owner can not be the one running the truck. :confused:

I would absolutely prefer the owner to be the one stomping on the skinny pedal.

Everything in my neck of the woods is you stand and watch the guy rip your vehical a new a$$ hole unless your good freinds with him...

Yes that's pretty common. I've only driven my own once or twice. Good operators know how to get the most out of trucks.

At any other dyno day,i drive my car because the operators don't know diesels.
At the truck days, the operator drove..

Generally if you want the best number for the competition I drive. But I always let people drive they're own if they want to. And on race trucks or highly modified vehicles, I prefer the owner drive.

I have no problem letting someone drive, but that ends when they start breaking things that should never break. LOL

The dyno was owned/run by Brand X Performance of NH.

Sux, but I'd rather the guy who's done 1000+ runs do the pedal pushing and stuff.

I like the 'data' sheets some of the local guys had at Rudy's back in march - asking about peak boost and EGT's, then expected HP and whether or not truck's been on a dyno before....my response on egt's - "Burn it down"

around here you drive your own truck, unless you ask for someone else to drive it. every time ive dynoed ive made more power then the operator. I know my truck better then anyone else also

Most I have been to/on the operator drives the truck. I usually tell them not to let it go to x rpm, x egts but 9/10 times they say phuck it and put it to the wood LOL

Local guy told me insurance requires him to drive everything and no passengers. When he ran mine, I had to teach him how to get the most out of it...he is still a bit new at it.

I have never let, and will never let another person dyno my truck. Never had a problem with any operator not letting me drive.

Our insurance only cover one of our employes running the truck on our dyno at our shop or at a event. Customers can be shotgun also we respect the truck and listen for everything, if we don't like something we stop the run.

Our insurance only cover one of our employes running the truck on our dyno at our shop or at a event. Customers can be shotgun also we respect the truck and listen for everything, if we don't like something we stop the run.

Off topic but I see your from Kokomo. Where is said dyno located??

Hope you all made it through the storm alright!

Only once did I run mine on a dyno cause they didn't know diesel well others operator runs it

When I was at ennis last spring, the dyno there wouldn't let me run my truck. Horrible experience with that and no one but me will ever run it again. Unless it's Chris at truck source. I trust him.

From my experience if you show up with a truck that has the column AND a floor shifter, then tell them its a manumatic, they let you drive it.

Back