Dyno prep?

Mike12321

So a few of my buddies and I just pre registered for dirty diesels dyno day on feb 2 in Selinsgrove pa. My question is is there anything I should do to prep my truck besides the obvious oil change grease and fluids check.
Thanks mike

About a month ago but I'm going to recheck them soon bc I want to check the torque on my head studs too.

I would say retorque your head(if you haven't done it in a long time), adjust your valves, change fuel and oil filters, oil change, and maybe tweak your wastegate if you have one and let it eat.

Yea I planned on checking them soon bc I just put them in like a month ago. I also planned on bringing my laptop to tune the turbo software. I just didn't know if anyone had any speed secrets lol. Thanks for the quick reply though I appreciate it.

...yes, but you should dyno with what you plan to use on the truck, unless they will just not 'fit' on the dyno.

I'd keep the tire pressure on the 'higher side'

Wouldnt hurt to check out your u joints and driveshafts as well. Make sure your tires are in good condition, for wear and dry rotting. Ive had tires come apart on our dyno and it isnt pretty.

Thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it. Ill be sure to share the numbers as disappointing as they may be haha.

Well a little of both lol. I'd like it to be accurate so I actually know what I'm driving around with everyday, but it wouldn't hurt to beat my buddies.

best way to do that is by either beating them at the strip or the sled pull. then you can wave that dick like old glory.

Well I don't think a lot of people would like me swinging it around but hey if I get a higher number then them ill do it. Ill tell them you guys said it was ok.

Back