Dynoing a 12V manual

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Dyno pros..

whats the proper way to dyno and get the most effect out of a 12V manual... How do you guys do it? where do you start the run? how much does timing have to do with it? Tire pressure? larger tires? what are the main variables that effect the run? Also why is it more difficult to build more boost on a dyno than on the street? IE the effect the truck runs harder on the street.... My local dyno is a dj248 What rpm or mph should the run be started for max tq, or max hp? does gear selection matter?

Any and all tips are appreciated.. Not dynoing the truck, i just havent found the "proper" way to do it yet to get the most out of it... But i do need some "before"numbers before further working of my truck...

thanks in advance.. everyone...

Rick

Reason for the lower boost is because there's no load on the engine when your on a dyno. All it's accelerating is the back tires. On the street it's accelerating a 7500lb truck.

a good dyno operator can brake the dyno to help you build boost... or, you can just use the truck's brakes to put some load on it to help build boost.

smaller wheels/tires are better for dyno numbers

I just put it to the wood at 1400-1500 and let her drive out of it :D

Yeah with a Stick just get up into top gear and start the run fairly low 1200-1500 since you dont have to worry about it down shifting like a automatic. Bigger tires do decrease the power put to the drums.

Back