Dynos in Missouri????

sledshaker

Please let me know of any good dynos in Missouri that will allow diesels to run and are consistent with their numbers. Thanks

Idk where Millersburg is at off the top of my head. St Joe diesel has a dyno there on 71 highway between St.joe and Savanah.

I am just about smack dab in the middle of Missouri, and am willing to travel to see what the truck has to it.

MCS has one, they are about 30 miles west of StL on hwy 44. They are consistant on their numbers, though they will probably hurt your feelings. I lost nearly 100hp from Floor-it's dyno. Btw, Floor-it has one and they are near KC somewhere

MCS is always low from what i've seen, but total numbers don't matter in tuning, if your only looking for a gain or loss. If you want bragging rights, I would go elsewhere.

St Joe diesels seems to be pretty consistant now, they had some problems a few years back with software, im not sure if they are on, or off with other dynos, cause ive never dynoed on anyones except theirs and John Issacs. The 2 times i did on Johns, i didnt have any luck at all, my numbers were over 150-200hp low compared to my trap speed in the 1/4, but that was 5 years ago or so. Last year with the twins when i was trapping around 121-122 with a 7lbs crew cab i made 870-880ish pretty consistantly on SJDs dyno. I never dynoed it when i got my speed up to 128ish. They also have an engine dyno that they are getting all the electronics rounded up to start dynoing duramaxes and cummins' this winter. Im defanatly going to give that a try, that would be the most consistant route for tuning.

MCS is always low from what i've seen, but total numbers don't matter in tuning, if your only looking for a gain or loss. If you want bragging rights, I would go elsewhere.

True, if you want a dyno just to strap to and tune, any dyno is better than nothing. I don't think MCS's dyno can load our trucks enough to get accurate numbers though, which sucks since it's in a diesel shop. But it will still show you if any changes you make positively or negatively effect power.

MCS dyno

It's never worked right. I went on a Mustang (MCS has a Mustang) at TST and it was nothing like MCS's. At TST it was like pulling your truck up to a bridge pier and flooring it,.... talk about load your truck,... yikes!! And then Mark said to hold it there (floored) for what seemed like a full minute! It will sure find anything that's wrong with your truck. It's not like some others I've been on that just spin up and doesn't load your truck down. Scarry stuff, but I think it is the most accurate. His has 52" drums on it too.

I've been MCS's dyno an been to a few of their dyno days and from what I can tell if you are over 450ish HP it won't load your truck enough to get accurate numbers. I've seen several 700+ hp trucks use that dyno and only put down 400's due to the lack of load. I'm not sure if it's the dyno or the operator, but it won't stroke your ego. It would be fine for tuning, but it's a heartbreaker.

Very true on the loading aspect. It doesn't seem to like anything over a 60-62mm charger.

anyone usa performance by joe, in st.louis on hampton? hes a viper guy, but did wonders on a powerwagon i had, he told me to bring my diesel on down.

Back