Ecm and gauges?

NEsmoker

I have the ecm, oil, water, map, ita, and the crank sensor plugged in. All the other stuff is not. On my dash im getting no bus flashing in my odometer and no gauges work. I made a little l brack to hang the ecm on and its bloted to the stock lift pump bracket. It seems plugged in all the way and the allen screw is tight. Is there suposed to be a ground wire bolted directly on the ecm? I fire if it says no bus its got to be something with the ecm. I need it working cause i have the auto. Any thing else i might be missing here, I didnt mess with anything other that the plugs to all the sensors to get the motor apart.:bang

My ecm is laying on the frame and I don't have those problems. Try checking the bus fuses in the cab. I had one come out and cause a no bus problem.

So it doesnt have its own ground anywhere? The fuse your talking about inside are the ones on the driver side of dash?

Well i looked at all the fuses and kept looking the wires over and still cant find anything out of wack. Im gonna pull the ecm and and check out the conector next and see if mabey i bent a prong over in there. I dont know what else to look at now.

There is a ground in the harness, It should be with in a foot of the connector for the ecm. iirc it should be black with a white line.

Are you referring to the little 18ga that goes down to the starter? cl2000

No, it is in the loom that is biggest where they split after the main ecm plug. its not very long. also you still running a passenger battery? check both the big wire grounds that plug into the passenger neg cable. one is ecm and one is pcm.

No passenger battery, those 2 grounds over there are routed back to driver side across the radiator were the positive was. Im gonna pull some parts out and get down in by the ecm and go over all the wiring i can while my injectors are out at schieds.

Well i finally fixed my gaue problem tonight. After starting at one end and going over every thing i got to the alternator. The ground wire with the grey plug wasnt snapped together completely. Go figure something so easy. Now i just need my injectors back and hopefully it will be ready by next weekend.

Glad to see ya gotter fixed!.. im really looking into a Ppump for mine.. any info i read will help!.. lol

Back