edge kit in lbz

duramax630

so i am looking to put a edge kit in my lbz which by the way if anyone is getting rid of the attitude with juuice lemme know but anyway my friend had a bullydog in his 03 and it made the allison freak out when it was in extreme will the edge kit do that to the six speed or no

Welcome to Competition Diesel! I had an Edge on my LBZ early on and had no transmission issues with it. If you use level 6 you may need a lift pump though. Not sure what you mean by his trans freaked out ?? Did it slip or what?, was it a crazy larry tune ?
Lemme know if you have anymore questions; I'm here to help.

come to think of it i think it was the crazy larry tune. The trans just would shift werid and slip and the truck didnt pull as hard as it should. And if i did need a lift pump what company should i go with. Im new to the duramax ive grownup around cummins but i wanted to try something different

I never cared for the crazy larry tune. seems like I did hear it shifted horribly. Lift pumps are as varied as the people that buy them. A very popular one right now is the Airdog 150; it includes filters. if you want to skip aux filters then a raptor pump is basically the same w/o the filters.
I run TTS pumps on mine; and a PPE pump is a cost effective option.

Last edited:
Edge doesn't have a great track record with the Duramax. I agree with Chris on the lift pumps.

No such thing as a Crazy Larry for a Duramax, Crazy Larry is a Bullydog Tune for the Cummins.

thanks guys do u know of anyone selling a edge juice with attitude kit for the lbz?

No such thing as a Crazy Larry for a Duramax, Crazy Larry is a Bullydog Tune for the Cummins.

Almost 100% sure there's a version for the duramax Phil. When BD stopped offering it and members had their units updated; they were all over the forum asking where they could get it.

They do make the crazy larry for the dmax cause a buddy of mine has it on his lly and hes complaining of the same thing with his trans slipping

Back