EGR blockoff plate

driveby06

I've got a '06 LBZ, w/ Diablosport Sport tuner. just looking for insight on putting in a SS EGR blockoff plate. Is it worth it? Does it add any HP? Will it throw a code? Any help is grateful, thanks

i had mine turned off with my efi then i blocked it but i have seen a where it wasnt turned off and then a blocker plate installed and gain 3-5 psi of boost and cleaned up the smoke, so yea id say it def helps plus it keeps any that crap out of there

Definitely a good idea to block it. You'll need something called a "fingerstick to block the p401 and p404 codes unless you go to EFILive or PPE.

what is the fingestick your talkin bout because im about to install the blocker plate on mine too an i have the diablo sport too for the time being. hopefully ppe or efi soon

just delete it i blocked it on mine for awhile but it was leaking and just a big mess. deleteing it makes a much cleaner look more room for things such as twins. only think is if its and lbz lmm you will need a passenger side up pipe from an older truck. i fabed a set of 2 inch for mine work very well and only cost me 150 instead of 600.

take off the heater grid it is 4 bolts and replace the heater hose line with some 5/8 hose. buy or fab a delete pipe from any of the vendors i got mine from screamin diesel and was very happy with it but Rick lance makes a nice one also . . its very easy to do and well worth the money very happy with it.

it will look cleaner under the hood, no more of that junkey black gooo going threw your engine, they claim their is a hp gain but i dont if that is proven or true. your truck will lose a couple pounds and you just cant go wrong with doin it.

Back