Electronic AFC

stepper motor?

holy **** I had the same idea (as many before me have had too).

now control that with something simple and use TPS, boost, RPM as inputs and tune away

Steed is on here somewhere so maybe he'll chime in about the inputs and control. Should be a useful tuning tool though. Looking forward to see it on a truck with some real world testing and results.

All the dinosaur drivers scold the electronic junk then add electronic junk to their rigs? Love that irony. :hehe:

Great idea though. I'm assuming a stepper motor is being used. Pretty cool.

And when the world comes to a end the dinosaurs will survive! Push start and a piece of bailing wire is all we need. Electronics...............poof!!!!

Love it! When I got into playing with arduinos I googled "cummins arduino" and found a ton of threads on message boards where they discussed this very idea. Glad to see somebody is putting it to use!

Will this put us into the same tuning category as a common rail that can control duration, timing, and even multiple events based on inputs? No. Will it help us create smoke free trucks without having to spend hours upon hours digging into the afc? Hell yes. I love it and would buy one in a heartbeat.

Back