Electronic monitors

90dodge

Always Broke
Im interested in using the edge cts in place of gauges on my truck. As far as the starter kit that is sold, how many readings can be put into something like the cts?

I want to be able to read at least boost, trans temp, egt, and fuel pressure.

And at most individual egt, intake temp pre and post intercooler.

Can a off the shelf monitor be used to read these, or do I need a datalogger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a cts I think you can view 6 different readings at once. I can't completely remember, mine's in a box.

The kick to these is the expandable kit, they cost quite a bit if I recall. And the standard cables they supply with the kit are too short. The cool thing is the expandable kit piggy backs off one to another. So you're only running one main loom of wire into the cab even if you have multiple sensors under the hood.

If you're wanting to monitor individual cylinder egt, I wouldn't think this is the way to go.

I believe you can display 8. On the 94-98 some of the items are already known(boost and such), so the only thing I added on mine was EGT, air bags, and then added the cool down timer.
I like mine alot.

So after some quick research I brought myself up to speed with all this. They have come quite a ways sense I first purchased mine and made some refinements. And the prices have dropped on everything! So my first post has some false text in it.

Are you going to run individual egt's with it? Where are you going to mount the screen?

I still run one analog boost gauge on the pillar being MAP only shows 22 psi on the CTS. Plus it frees up one display on the screen.

Starting out I'm only interested in one egt gauge, drive pressure, boost, trans temp, and fuel pressure. Although I already have egt and boost glo**** gauges.

Yes I think there is a boost sensor, I could be wrong, maybe it is just temperature I am thinking about.

No boost reading through OBD port on a 12v, MAP sensor didn't come along till the 24v.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back