elite a no show at diesel power

Redneck6.0L

two years in a row, there a no show, glen millers truck and sogrand's truck, are dead. better luck next year

what happen....did they not show up or break

That can't be good for the machine shops business.

Last edited:
I know Tadd and David Kennidy are good friends so I wonder how the article will go in the magazine.....

I know Tadd and David Kennidy are good friends so I wonder how the article will go in the magazine.....

Most likely we wont be mentioned except that the Fummins that is there has our turbos.

Or maybe the truth, they tried to go big and ran into complications. Pretty much the reason so many guys didn't make the previous years DPC, when going for all-out power you sometimes have issues.

Isn't that right, Rob?

Kinda like getting sponsors for a race truck that still hasn't hit the track.

Tadd, I meant for the machine shop.

Not sure what your problem is with me?????, perhaps you should try Decaf. I have tried on more than one occasion to give you business, unfortunately most of the things I want that are advertised on your website, you don't even have.....Roller rockers?

As far as having sponsors for a truck that still hasn't hit the track.....thats called confidence, and trust. Unlike the trucks that your building, I can't exactly go buy off the shelf parts for the 2005, back halved, 6.1 liter Powerstroke diesel Ford Ranger. As you should know from working with outside vendors and machine shops, sometimes things take a little longer. I think this is how this thread got started isn't it?

:thankyou2:How long have you been working on the two trucks you were sending, two years, and basically they are just motor swaps. Try building one from the ground up buddy that was never intended to have a diesel, then come talk to me. Oh yeah, This truck was purchased Feb 11th, and is nearly complete, whats that 3 months? Looks like I have 21 more to beat your time line. :bang

Tim,

I am sorry. I re-read the post. You said it was directed toward the Machine shop , not elite diesel. I trust you, I just took it the otherway. Sorry. I apologize. I would delete my post but I can't from my end.

My post was out of line and you have reacted accordingly, much the way I reacted when I thought you were referencing my business.

Tadd

Thats ok Tadd, I will put Elite back in my Favorites file again from the Chit List file. LOL I have no problem with your business, and yes my response about bad for business was towards the machine shop. Good luck!

Nice that you get a reply the same day in a thread that says elite, but spend over $10k through them and getting a cold shoulder when asking for some tuning changes is spectacular.

Wow ...Tim....And I thought Powerstrokenation was good reading. Well the good thing is Merchants is coming up and Sogrand was supposed to be there last year....Maybe he ment this year..

As for building a high horsepower 6l....Yes it takes work and we all take risk...I will admit I made a bad call in not fireringing the heads. But thanks to Eric at ATS, the heads are getting some attention and alot of other things....

Its not like we are taking a stock motor and dumping a ton of nitrous and fuel it it to make it fast. We all are building one off trucks. Its not like we call Industrial and they have a set of compounds sitting on their shelf like they do for the cummins guys....We are the blacksheep.We are 6l guys

Good luck Tadd...We truely want to see those trucks run. I believe once they get the bugs out, like all of ours, they will run strong:cheer:

Nice that you get a reply the same day in a thread that says elite, but spend over $10k through them and getting a cold shoulder when asking for some tuning changes is spectacular.

We don't have any tunes waiting to be sent out. I don't know who you are so I can't tell you about your tunes. What's your name and I will find out where your tunes are?

Tadd

i had a chance to meet glen miller at dp, i wish his truck was here, what a nice guy, easy going, after posting there trucks didn't show, he was still kind enough to say congrats on the 11 second pass, glen it was nice meeting you, wish it could have been on better terms

Back