Emmision Laws

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
Where do y'all think were heading with the future of drag racing and pulling with all these new emission laws?

With the world going "green" I think that its just a matter of time before they start cracking down on us. This kinda has me worried about the future of the sport.

Lets hear what y'all think or heard.

IMO whether its gas or diesel, I feel these competitive events will be considered 'off road' events and left alone by the EPA Nazi's for a long time to come unless the pool of sponsors that sponsor the big names start hugging trees for some reason but these same major corporate sponsors also have enormous corporate flights departments that emit millions the amount emissions than any vehicle they sponsor. Think they want to call the kettle black and draw attention to their own dirty laundry not to mention the plants in which they make their widgets in?

Money talks and BS walks and its been this way since the beginning of time. Sponsors, track owners, team owners and fans have an enormous amount of equity and pull in our society.

Now, when I was watching the NASCAR race last night it dawned on me if the greedy powers to be at NASCAR could find 2 more dollars in revenue by creating some BS green agenda and subsequent rule they would do it in a second.

Back