Enderle fuel pump mounting?

roachie

Taco Master
Ok, Ive got an Enderle 80a.5. http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=78392&c=613664&i=9098303.
This pump produces 5.2 GPM (gallons per minute) Pump flow output is taken @ 4000 RPM (pump shaft speed) and @100PSI.

photo-76.jpg
[/IMG]

photo-75.jpg
[/IMG]

Im debating on doing a standard belt drive or having a billet front cover made to mount this and drive it off the P/S pump gear.

Thoughts?

Anyone know where I can get a crank mount pully kit for this?

:thankyou2:

Are you gonna have A/C? why not mount it right there and run a pulley off the crank, like the mitusa! just a thought, its hard to see how big that thing is though

My answer for everything is Woodruff. Josh showed me how he broaches a hex-drive adapter then mounts it on the P/S pump gear. The pump gets mounted on a billet front cover.

I will have AC, its no big deal to move the pump anywhere and make a bracket.
And I know who makes those covers for Woodruff. :wink:

Im not sure if it would be better to run the pump 1:1 off the P/S gear or belt drive it so it will be adjustable.

I figured you may already know that. The adapter is made in-house at Woodruff, the cover isn't. I also didn't consider the adjustability of the belt drive.

Well, I'm thinking about that adapter to drive it off the PS gear. Pretty sure I can lathe something up to cure that. Or pay Woodruff....

All that concerns me is the fuel consumption rate of the IP. Can CDS give a chart on that when they bench a pump?

Wouldn't the chart of the output match the input, but without the fuel needed to keep the pump cool/lubed?

Could go that way with it, how many % over output does it need for cooling?

Problem is you would need a chart that goes from idle till the gov hits.

Im going to call Enderle tomorrow and see what they can tell me about the pumps flow vs. pump RPM. I think 4k is its max before it cavitates?

Whats being used to drive the mitusa setups of the crank?

I cant find a place that sells the part that bolts in the balancer.

Back