Energy Suspensions: Motor mounts

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
Has anyone had positive experiences with the motor mounts they make for the Cummins? I was mostly wondering if tightening things up like that would put unecessary stress on the frame and mounts themselves, or if it would make the truck annoying to drive. I always enjoyed them in gassers I've had...

I'd also like to know if anyone has found a poly transmission mount and sway bar kit for our trucks and if they knew what diameter the front and rear sway bars were.

-Dustin-

Looks like I might have to buy a pair and do a little review...:Cheer:

-Dustin-

Bought them! Got them here and they look like a bid of work. But hopefully they keep things a little tighter!

would think they'd do nothing but improve things. Only solid mounts would concern me as they make the motor become a structural memeber and subject it to distortion. Given the frames of these 2nd gens atleast without re-enforcement I don't like that idea. Look forward to reading about how you like the mounts.

I recently built a Jeep from the ground up and used all poly mounts. Very nice compared to the old rubber mounts. Every time I turn left or go up a driveway at an angle it sounds as though the engine is shifting enough for my downpipe to make contact with the frame. Just turned 200k, nine years of drag racing, and more testing outside of town that I can count. My mounts are looking like they are sagging a bit. We will find out!

Well I gave it a shot! Right side is not coming out with my set of twins. This Spring I was planning on doing some upgrades anyways. I can tell you this! Soak the bolts attaching the mount to the block. I never did get them to budge. I did see movement with the engine supported by my floor jack and me resting on the fender. So when the twins come out, the poly mounts will go in!

i went to autozone and bought the energysuspension universal 1 1/4" swaybar bushings. they work perfect even with a steering box brace

do you have them in yet? How did they work? Was it worth the money?

We ran the motor mount inserts for quite a while with no ill effects in the drag truck.
They take a bit of shaping to make them fit in the stock mounts.
I used a utility knife with a new sharp blade and a press to get them in.
We run solid mounts now.

Michael
HRD

I'm waiting to get back from business to buy and try them out. I want to fix my oil drain in the pan and possibly do a camshaft at the same time while I'm under there.

-Dustin-

Back