Engine build.

High Cotton

What things should be addressed on an 01 24v while I have the engine out. As of yet the plan is to have swaintech coat the factory pistons and possibly have them flycut, Hamilton cam (not sure on which one yet), valve springs, push rods, and balancing. If the budget allows I will possibly go ahead and convert to a ppump and send my head to be ported. What point do you have to go to billet freeze plugs and and a stud girdle. Many of these things are over kill if I stay with the vp right now. I have to pull the engine to address some other problems so while it's out I'm trying to go ahead and do some things I think I want while it's out. Any recommendations on shops to port a 24v head and do the coating
Randy

imo, billet freeze plugs are probably not need with said setup, but on the other hand while its out they're a fairly inexpensive safe guard. As far as the girdle I'd say pass especially if you keep it vp, as you won't be turning any extreme rpms. And the port work...I see you're in tn so Keating Machine is in Knoxville they do some great things and have their products on some big name vehicles. Hope that helps in some way

imo, billet freeze plugs are probably not need with said setup, but on the other hand while its out they're a fairly inexpensive safe guard. As far as the girdle I'd say pass especially if you keep it vp, as you won't be turning any extreme rpms. And the port work...I see you're in tn so Keating Machine is in Knoxville they do some great things and have their products on some big name vehicles. Hope that helps in some way

Thanks, I'm building it to eventually turn 4300 rpm's or so with either vp or p7100. I'm thinking about going ahead and doing them while it's all easy to get to. I don't think I will need a bypass. I forgot all about Keating Machine.
Randy

Back