Engine storage stand

roachie

Taco Master
Nothing fancy, long bits are 31.5", 24" wide, tall front mounts are 11.5", casters are from northern, each rated to 1000#.

Only problem with it is the front cover cant be removed while on the stand.

IMG_0661.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0660.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0665.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0666.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0667.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks good, but just one thought. I would think it would be easier to use the side engine mount holes for the front block support. As said, just a thought, and it would give you access to the front timing assembly. Great looking stand.

Factory Cummins shipping stands work great too, have 4 way fork pockets and are stackable so you can put one or 2 empty ones down and get your engine to a comfortable work height.

Looks good, but just one thought. I would think it would be easier to use the side engine mount holes for the front block support. As said, just a thought, and it would give you access to the front timing assembly. Great looking stand.

I thought about that but I want to be able to use this to fab twins also. So this way I can use 12v, 24v, and conversion mounts for mock up.

The one I made, its just two uprights on a frame that the factory engine mounts drop into. I had to add a third support under the front as the engine is a bit front heavy with the pump on it. With the stock engine mounts in place, then you can build the bottom turbo support that uses the engine mount with no guess work or in the vehicle. I built mine out of 4" channel. Its overkill, but it was free.

Nice job Roachie!! Looks good.
This is a side mount I made for my engine stand

Last edited:
Back