ESS,PCM, bad wiring?

nilsson

My truck will not charge, no tacho, no speedo, no wait to start light, no check engine light. Its a 1997 12v. Last year i have almost the same problem, no charging, no tacho, but that time i think the check engine, and wait to start light was working. And that time a replaced the ess and all start working. I buy a used one, and not know if its taht again? Can the ess cause the failure of the check engine and wait to start light. Have search on this forum, but most people only have problem with charge, and tacho. Dont want to buy a new ess just to try. Were shall a start the troubleshooting and how? someone have a wiring digram for this? Thanks.
// nilsson

Your problem sounds like either a dead PCM or no power/ground to it if you ask me.

The fuse was not blown. Shall check the ground when am back home on freday, but the head lights was working, should not the ground from the battery be okay than? Is there some ground into the PCM? Is there some way to chek that the PCM is feed with current? Some way to confirm that its broken? How many functions in the truck is it actually control?
Thank you all for your help.

Nobody knows how i can confirm if the PCM is blown? Sombode have a wiring diagram for the pcm?
//nilsson

Check for power and ground at the PCM, the missing check engine light and wait to start light is a pretty good giveaway that it either isn't powering up or dead in my opinion.

Is the pcm repairable? Someone knows were a can get a new to a good price?
Thanks

If i find a used one, which model can a use? Year, 2wd,4wd,etc.
If a find one from an identical truck, did i have to flash it then?
Someone know the price on a new one in US, think you hav better price than in Sweden?
Thanks
// nilsson

I bought new PCM from these guys about a year ago. It was the only place that I could find, that didn't need me to send my PCM to them before I could get the new one and also were willing to ship to Finland.

i think you have a bad pcm from my past experience i had better luck with 98 12 valve pcm you can use 2 wd or 4wd they do the job

Nilsson, I couldn't send you pm because I don't have enough posts, but I posted a visitor message. I guess I'll have to spam a little to get the post count up

Have now checked and it seems taht that the pcm has all power and ground it needs. If a find a used one, which fits my 12v 4wd 1997 3500 auto? When did it need reflash?
Thanks

Nilsson, I've been having some driveline issues, so I haven't tried if the other PCM works or not. I'll try to test it next weekend. But I just realised that your truck has RE tranny and mine has RH. Anybody know if PCM from '95 truck will work with RE?

Nilsson, I've been having some driveline issues, so I haven't tried if the other PCM works or not. I'll try to test it next weekend. But I just realised that your truck has RE tranny and mine has RH. Anybody know if PCM from '95 truck will work with RE?

They will not interchange.

OK, but thank anyway.

Have maybe found a used one, from the same year.
But the the parts number on it is:
EDCOM14G
504AA
P56040
T2356
RBZAA0

And the parts number on mine is:
EDGOS670
504AC
P56040
T3386
RBZAA0.

Did someone know if i can use it?
Or did someone knows |what the Parts number means?
//nilsson

It works

Just for info, it was the PCM that was out of order. So if anyone else has the same symptomes, its good chance its the PCM. Bought a used one from jaybuller and know it works.
//nilsson

Back