exaust temps?

pockets85

ok i,m fairly new to this but on my completly stock 06 cummins auto pulling our enclosed car hauler about 6500 pounds i can see 1450 degrees while passing so my question is is that normal and how long can you stay at these temps? cuz i always thought you never wanted to go over 1300

from the lips of gale banks himself he stated that he has ran 1400-1450 continuous and is no problem... Also remember the main point of monitoring EGTS is to keep your pistons safe... In stock form you have nothing to worry about.... It's when you start getting into advancing your timing, adding fuel and such you should really watch your EGTs.. You could definitely benefit from a full intake kit and a turbo back exhaust... i prefer aFe for intakes and MBRP for exhausts, but that's up to you!!

ya the intake exaust is next on the list i just traded my 01 on this truck and never seen temps that high on it so i was just curious if this was normal or not

i dont think your guage is reading right not heard of those temps before on a stock truck

Was privy to some info from Cummins that says It takes OVER 1600* for more than 4 minutes straight to START showing signs of damage!!!

dont know that most likely its more long term of having them up there that high serval times

mine would hit like 1340ish stock at WOT from a dead stop to about 100 mph.
Now it will hit 1600 on a 0-95 mph run

I think mine touched 1600 on the way to TS, of course that was after I blew the side of the intercooler off :bang

Before that lovely experience I was running 1425 up some of the WV moutains for miles and miles, no issues.

You can always email Cummins, I've done that several times and they always get back with you in a day or two.

Have a great weekend everyone.ROB

Back