Excess Fuel in exhaust after 1st start up?

Twright

Hey guys just fired up my motor, everything seems fine, lots of white smoke to bleed out the injectors, but didnt see any blue smoke like there was oil in the exhaust.

Saw a few drips from my downpipe, looked liked soot/diesel/oily mix.

There's fresh oil in the motor, and this looks alot darker.

Trying to figure out if i have a bad seal on my turbo or just normal from possibly the fresh start up with the new injectors or if i have a bad injector.

Im planning on iding the motor for about 10 minutes to completly clean up the injector lines and bleed them out.

what do you guys think?

DSC00822.jpg

the motor running fine?

It seems to idle fine, But its only ran for about one minute, the injector lines still are not bled in my mind, so i want to run it longer then give it more throttle and see if theres still white smoke.

whats the temp your running at? mine does the same thing (im in virginia and its about +-30 each morning) the injectors bleed sometimes but there is always white smoke out the stack for about 15 minutes, if it is running fine then i wouldnt worry, but like you said it could be a bad injector

whats the temp your running at? mine does the same thing (im in virginia and its about +-30 each morning) the injectors bleed sometimes but there is always white smoke out the stack for about 15 minutes, if it is running fine then i wouldnt worry, but like you said it could be a bad injector

Its in the 20's here and i think we cranked it for a while as the injectors fueled with no start up, and we were hitting the throttle to get it to start/ heard it worked to help bleed the injectors.

I also had the same crap comming out of my loose drive pressure fitting on the manifold so im thinking its definitly fuel since its pre turbos.

I also sprayed wd40 in the cylinders a while ago when i left the motor to sit for a while so im assuming its partially that as well.

I hope i can just let it run, and clean it out and get to temp then see whats going on.

Last edited:
Pull the manifold and see if it's one or more cylinders.

It starts, but since the injector lines had no fuel in them we were using throttle to start it, and it was cold.

Its only ran for about a 2 minutes and we had to keep throttle on for about a min to keep it from dying out, but then it idled fine by itself.

Im going to fire it up again, let it idle for longer and see if the white smoke goes away and theres no more fuel dripping.

Im short on time and cant pull the turbos/ manifold off to check if its in a specific cylinder, any other options?

well if it doesnt do better after letting it idle for a while i think your going to have to take the manifold off and check the cylinders

Back