f-550 rear springs

cool nice!, Any pictures of the new shackle set u pa nd overload clamps etc..
Thanks
Deo

I'll get you some pics. I think the setup is ghetto but it works. I was looking at the pics of your Ex and I like the traction bar setup but more important we got to talk about the conversion. I am in the process now of setting aside a 24 valve down the road at the local big truck salvage. BUT, In all honesty how much wiring did you have to do to get the 12v going.

Black dog said:I'll get you some pics. I think the setup is ghetto but it works. I was looking at the pics of your Ex and I like the traction bar setup but more important we got to talk about the conversion. I am in the process now of setting aside a 24 valve down the road at the local big truck salvage. BUT, In all honesty how much wiring did you have to do to get the 12v going.
The wiring for a 12v is easy. its basic. The Excursion even has amanual fuel shut off cable.. The wiring conversion consisted of moving teh starter solinod and cruise control from the passenger side to the drivers side of engine bay. I sorted the wires out of the factory harness and shortened them for the cruise. I made new battery cables and grounds. The previous owner did the 12v conversion , he uses a dodge voltage regulator - easy to wire, he used the dodge A/c Compressor, he adapted the v8 gasser water temp and oil pressor sensors, He also made the ford crank senor for the tach work by cuting 4 grooves in the harmonic balencer etc looks like a plus sign viewed from the front of dampner. Since your truck wasalready is a diesel the fuel tank doesn't need to be messed with.. just fab soem engine mounts up and make sure the drive line is ok length wise..ie lengthen or shorten driveshafts... the 12v mechanicla is simple. I'd like to mess with a 24v some day but this will work for now. follow my thread and picture progress.. I'm hoping for July 4th to get it back on the road... sucks to be making payments on a project in my driveway argh...
Thanks,
Deo

Yeah I thought simplicity and power so I would go 12v but then I drove the 24v in my avatar for the first time since August and I fell in love again so that sealed the deal for me and I am he!! bent on putting a 24v in the Ex now. Granted the 24v of mine has more in it than the mostly stock 12v of mine but I went and put a 24v to the side down at the yard till I finish paying him for it but I'm leaning toward finding a wrecked 24v so I can have parts for all three trucks of mine.

Oh, I will get you some pics of the rest of the Ex suspension but the weather has been in and out rain.

Bill

Back