Fail safe Fuel system idea

porschecoyote

So I can't take total credit for this as it was suggested by a fellow ford builder but after 3 failed air dogs it's time for a better fuel setup. I seriously considered a mechanical pump but want to run a fluid damper and dont want belts haging down where they can fail.
My idea is this run aftermarket sump to vp max dual remote filter and water separator with big Donaldson filters, run filters to 2 bosh 044 aftermarket fuel pumps ran in parallel pumps flow 445 pph at 55 psi. I am thinking I will setup pumps so that one pump runs continuously under normal operation and second pump will turn on under full throttle or primary pump failure. Then run pumps to inj pump etc etc
Seems to me pumps will be more than capable to sustain 700 to 800 hp Pumps have been extremely reliable in manny 1000 + hp gassers and have the backup protection of 2 independent pumps I think system could be built for about the same as other aftermarket systems. Anyone tried this or have any input.

you need half of what a bosch 044 can do..
but if you want to spend money and be complex then so be it.

Why airomotive ? Compatible pump flows less fuel and is almost the exact same price ? Fuel Pump Comparison Test : Real Street Performance Engine Parts, Pistons Rods Cams Valvetrain and More

According to math one pump is capable of sustaining 45psi at 785 hp on 110 race gas. according to boush engenere diesel application will be about 15 percent less effecting, thus binding us to the 500 hp mark that manny ford guys have found. If I want a system that can support a 900 hp truck seems to me one could surffice to operate truck but 2 will be reqiured for wot pulls?

I have this setup on my powerstroke. I run two electric pumps, two 3/8 pick ups, two 3/8 lines, pumps pull through the water separator filters and push through the fuel filter, then to a 1/2" line to the top of the motor and split to two 3/8 to the fuel rails then out the back of the head to a bypass regulator and returns fuel to the tank.

Why airomotive ? Compatible pump flows less fuel and is almost the exact same price ? Fuel Pump Comparison Test : Real Street Performance Engine Parts, Pistons Rods Cams Valvetrain and More

According to math one pump is capable of sustaining 45psi at 785 hp on 110 race gas. according to boush engenere diesel application will be about 15 percent less effecting, thus binding us to the 500 hp mark that manny ford guys have found. If I want a system that can support a 900 hp truck seems to me one could surffice to operate truck but 2 will be reqiured for wot pulls?

I am making over 600hp to the tire on 18psi from an aeromotive tsunami. (if that's what nX's big fuel pump is)
Keep it simple. Go fuel lab or the like with a separate regulator...

Astain how has the setup worked for you do you run both pumps simultaneously?

Every dealer of fuel lab pumps I have talked to has had multiple failures. I want a sustained 40 psi in an 800 hp truck I want it to last 50,000 miles and I want to be sure I don't have to get towed off the mtn because my fuel pump died again.

Back