fass install gone bad!

tryblue

I had a customer haul his truck to me after him and a buddy put a fass 150/150 system on and he drove it down the highway and noticed fuel and oil everywhere. it filled the crankcase with fuel. I got to looking at it and they had the rail and the hp pump returns together with no exit. then had the injector return to the original return line to tank. only thing I can come up with is it blew front seal on the injection pump any help would be appreciated. thanks

The rail, pump, and injector return are supposed to be ran togather and returned to tank... I don't see how it could be plumbed incorrectly and still run. Do you have any pics?

I know all 3 are supposed to be ran to tank. the original installer took the filter housing completely off. It would run just fine I believe because rail pressure is there, its just that you can't return any of the unused fuel in the cp3 and the rail. the injector return was ran to the tank. So i guess the unreleived pressure backed up and had to go some where just trying to figure out where.

Have you checked to see if it has a cracked body? What did he do with the two lines? hooked them together?

no problem here, i guess thats why you choose who works on your truck wisely thats why Its here At my place.

it probably did take the front seal out of the cp-3

I pulled the cp3 and seal wasn't out but if you pressize the return and plug other ports it comes right out the seal.

OMG LOLLOL:clap::clap: WOW now that's funny! Filled the crank case till it started blowing out every possible hole!:bow: Hmm wonder how he would plumb a turbo return LOLLOL How long did he drive it I wonder if he galled the cam, bearings and any other moving parts! I would think it would take at least 15 min to fill the engine completely!?

diesels are actually pretty forgiving on filling the crankcase with fuel... unless you're at full load, the engine is probably fine

Sounds like someone got drunk and said " you know what we should do? We should put these performance parts on my truck!"

so I get everything fixed up on the truck the way its supposed to be, fired it. all sound good as far as the mechanical side of the engine. idle is rough, lots of haze, started looking into it. 3 injector is only at 71%contribution so called the customer he said thats funny that thing has been idling like that for a year. now thats funny

Get a bore scope and look for a melted piston. Might be wise to pull the head and check for loose valve seats.

this truck is running a smarty jr on low settings, what would cause those issues

It's got a bad injector. If it's been run like that for any amount of time there is a good chance of piston damage.

ok will do I'll check into it. I feel kind of bad for the guy, he's already got a chit load of cash into this thing now, oh well not my doing I guess.

Back