Few questions

Twisted Shifter

As some of you have seen my '94 was wrecked. The insurance company is going to write me a check for $3,800 and give me the truck.

These our my plans, any and all input will be gladly accepted.

I want to cut the frame and put a 6' box on it ...... Should I back half it or 4 link it while I am at it?

I would like to lower it, how?

What fuel cell/tank should I use. I would like to go under the bed with 18+ gallon.

Narrow the rear, how much?

I will have more questions I'm sure ......... If you have suggestions, I am all ears

Keep it ...... it was going to cost them $4,000 to fix it. I can fix for WAY less money ..... I told them that the transmission was worth more than what they were going to offer me .... So they agreed to give me the money and I fix it and call it done .........

if your going to cut and section the frame why not just go with a back half frame and 4 link your only .50 from needing a bar anyway.

when you put your tank in if you go plastic don't for get that per nhra you need to sheild it in tin if its under the bed floor so you may want to go a head and spend the extra for an alumin

if your going to shorten the rear end I would look in to a dana 60 or ford nine inch I had mine done at mosers http://www.moserengineering.com/Pages/Axles/customalloy.html looks like the housing is $110 to shortend/ axles, spools and bearing $610

if you got the stock brakes still, you are turning a lot of weight with the drums that is on it I started out with early 70's 11 inch and went to wilwood disk this summer to help stage some ( if youwant the 11's there still here you can have them if it helps any)

one other thing is if you 5 lug up grade to 5/8 stud I sheard the one on the left at clay city still not sure if the wheel came loose first or not( that was with the 1/2 studs)

but one thing to realy thank about by the time you get a bed, shorten the frame you still have all the heavy brakes and frame up front I am guessing you could shave at least 300 lbs going to 1/2 ton frame up front and you would not have to 4 link it right away. just doent want to see you put a lot of money into setting up the rear of the truck if the total plan is to have a fast street truck but maybe not one that will pull a huge trailer

Back