fill block with boring plate or not?

If anyone is interested I am working on having some boring/honing/torque plates made up. If we get a couple people interested I can get them done cheaper. Going to be in the $600 range if I just make one. Will get some pictures once I get the one for me done.

To bad your so far away mines been used once

Made a vibrator for filling blocks yesterday. Bolts on pretty easy. Just used an old .5 hp motor from the farm that didn't cost me anything. Bought a sprocket hub for a couple dollars and hacked it almost in half. Works pretty darn good.

SANY0435_zpse1e21254.jpg

Last edited:
I let mine cure for a month. Technically concrete needs 28 days to fully cure. Probably not necessary though.

28 days is just a typical testing period. I use concrete that comes to the desired strength in 7 days (sometimes 3 days) very often, but it continues to cure for years.

Thats still infinity :lolly:

But play ground rules dictate that I lost this battle....:rules:

28 days is just a typical testing period. I use concrete that comes to the desired strength in 7 days (sometimes 3 days) very often, but it continues to cure for years.

Theres you a money making idea, high early block filler! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Theres you a money making idea, high early block filler! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

There's plenty of non corrosive high early additives out there. I've never looked, but Home Depot probably has them on the shelf. Any number of them would probably have your block ready to machine in less than a week easy.

If anyone is interested I am working on having some boring/honing/torque plates made up. If we get a couple people interested I can get them done cheaper. Going to be in the $600 range if I just make one. Will get some pictures once I get the one for me done.

How thick are you thinking? I have some pretty decent good aluminum waterjet connections now, and access to a machining center.

Just working on steel for now. Going with 2" on that. We couldn't find aluminum in close enough dimensions to what we wanted. Getting one made up in steel right now so I can post pictures.

Someone care to post a pic of a filled block with a deleted oil cooler?? Also Id be interested in a torque plate as well. Thats 3 for your list :thankyou2:

Update of torque plate. Should hopefully be getting the first one this week. The cylinder holes will actually be laser cut to save machine time. Thinking about offering countersunk holes also for a bit extra. One side will be surfaced to ensure its flat. Will get pics up once it comes around.

There hardly wasn't going to be any discount if I buy one or ten of them so I tossed the group buy idea.

I have them for sale though:
$525 for 1.5" and $575 for 2" thick. 4.25" bores, plus shipping. Around a 4 week wait.

SANY0460_zps94ae6d24.jpg

Back