Finally got it fired up tonight!!!

dodgediesel59

Well i finally got the truck fired up with the new heart. I only have one question for you guys so far. Ok maybe two. Where can i get a longer intake rubber for between the input pipe and intake? I blew it off three times in a 1/4 mile because there just is nothing to grab to. #2 I had my injectors set to P-pump pressures. My truck still has almost a bit of a lope to it if you will. It sounds odd to me, but it runs awesome. Any ideas?

home depot.. fernco baby!!

if not check out siliconeintakes.com
they have the stuff by the foot

What size lines/tubes/injectors are you running. Thats what is causing your lope

The connector tubes are stock, didnt drill them at all. Injectors were 125 HP for the Vp so not sure what they are now. Lines are .084s.

Some of the conversions just lope. It could be in the GSK too if I remember right.

Thats a possibility. It sounds like a mild pulling tractor the way it idles. And it only does it when it warms up. As soon as i put it in gear its gone. Either way it doesn't bother me, just gets me lots of looks from people. ;)

Thats a possibility. It sounds like a mild pulling tractor the way it idles. And it only does it when it warms up. As soon as i put it in gear its gone. Either way it doesn't bother me, just gets me lots of looks from people. ;)

does it seem like it has more power with the p pump pressures...or better milage or anything? mine are still at vp specs

Its hard to say, i havent got to drive a truck with them at vp pressures so i dont have much to go off. I know it doesnt lope as bad as most of them seem to. It does a bit, but thats from the cam.

Its hard to say, i havent got to drive a truck with them at vp pressures so i dont have much to go off. I know it doesnt lope as bad as most of them seem to. It does a bit, but thats from the cam.

For the 4979847389 millionith time a cam in a diesel WILL NOT make it lope...:nail:

Well your lope isnt coming from the cam...plain and simple.

Probably from the lines.

i dont get it how much different they all sound. mine has a built pump .084 line .100 tubes and mach 7s and it sounds like grandpas 1st gen has 200hp on me

Yea its pretty hard to say what causes the sounds. I know the vp pressure injectors cause most the lopes out there on a p pumped truck but i dunno. when i am coming to a stop or just at that point past idle with no real load i sound like a 1000 horse pulling truck.

An extreme cam can change the sound of the motor. It all depends on the grind. Most off rhe shelf drop in cams however don't cause a lope, just sayin that a cam CAN cause a lope if its wild enough.

On most of the p-pump conversions I have done there was a hefty lope. It seems to get worse the larger the lines and connector tubes. Although cams don't necessarily cause the lope, they can definitely change the sound of the engine. Timing, line size, gov. springs, connector tubes and idle speed more directly affect the amount of lope in my experience. Certain cams combined with these factors can add or take away from a lope but I have never seen a cam install by itself cause a lope.

Zach

If the GSK isn't stock and it's not loping/slight miss at idle something is wrong in p-pump land:p

Back