finally got to the track with the truck

outlaw99

well it wasnt the best start of the season.. but i drove it home..lol

first pass
smarty was on sw8 no options changed

13.30 at 104 1.97 60ft truck boggs inbetween gears with this new turbo and 1.10 housing

second pass
13.11 at 104 1.98 60ft
smarty on sw8 no options same shifting problems

third pass
12.77 at 109 1.97 60 ft
smarty sw8 rp 3 and tq3 timing 2
shifted better but still cant keep the truck from hitting od early and boggin down.

4th pass
13.0 at 90 1.80 60ft
smarty sw8 rp3 tq 3 and timing 2, edge ez on

truck was running great then forgot I was in 2nd gear no D, hit rev limit...shifted realized I had left the od button off on the truck and hit the rev limiter about 30-40yds befor the traps...haha I know im dumb, didnt get to make another pass, I felt as if the truck would go 12.0-12.20 on that pass, I also need to get these 35 trxus off the truck and go back on 31's. and put my .90 housing back on the turbo, theres a 1.10 on it now.

heres the 13.0 at 90 last pass im in the far lane, racing double j.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYC50D5PWA

What psi launch are you using?

60 fts. could be a bit better...

What's the truck weigh?

As far as going into OD early, try it anyway. Let that thing eat down low and let the TQ do it's job.

You'll get it worked out....Congrats so far!

Air down the tire psi a little and launch with more boost. You can get in the 1.7x 60' pretty easily on a street tire.

Cool, I will try all that next time I go out, as far as letting it shift early it like the truck just goes flat when it hits od, maybe i just need to run D out longer, thats what I wanted to do when I had my OD off, then I was just going to click the button and let it shift into OD. the truck weighs around 7400 with me in it. the wheels weigh about 110 or so a piece, they are heavy as hell...

Just a thought: I used to click the OD button to get it to shift into OD, but having a switch for OD makes it much easier and more consistent.

thats what i was thinking after talking to joel. about the OD switch, the trans
I also think the stall is whats hurting my 60ft, 1.80 is pretty good for a 2400 stall i thought and 35's

billet input
billet output
billet direct drum
goerend converter 2400 stall
and alot more small billet pieces
carbon band

thats what i was thinking after talking to joel. about the OD switch, the trans
I also think the stall is whats hurting my 60ft, 1.80 is pretty good for a 2400 stall i thought and 35's

billet input
billet output
billet direct drum
goerend converter 2400 stall
and alot more small billet pieces
carbon band

As far as boosted launches, 18-20 psi should be no problem with those parts. I would also say you could lock up (w/ switch) the converter in 2nd if you wanted.

What turbo are you running? Is that why you went with such a high stall? I can build more than 30psi if I wanted with a 900/400 from Goerend. I think it's around 1500 stall. I am also not trying to spool a huge turbo or set of turbos either (366 & 476).

I lockup as soon as I come out of the hole, which is basically the begining of 2nd, I have a custom s400 74mm wheel clipped to 2.6 with 2.6 cover. with a 1.10 housing..83mm exhaust wheel. I feel i could spool it with a 2200 without a problem, but we werent sure so I went on the safe side. there alot mor ein the truck esp with the edge on i feel the truck will be a solid mid to high 11 truck in drag form smaller wheels and stuff, I have alot of fuel a small pill would do wonders also..haha

I already have a box that does timing, I dont like stacked timing box's.... I think it would make more power but so would rp4. just didnt want to put everything on kill first time out..

yeah from what ive heard your one to talk mr. ...haha jk

maybe when the im confident the truck isnt goign to break on every pass...

yeah from what ive heard your one to talk mr. ...haha jk

maybe when the im confident the truck isnt goign to break on every pass...

This is true...

I gave up worrying about breaking truck parts. It's the only way to make it fun.

I understand what you are saying, but it sounds like you have a pretty solid foundation to work with and build on.

Back