Finally scored a 47rh for my first gen dually

GreasemonkeyHd

I finally picked up a 47rh for my truck. The guy told me that the previous owner had it rebuilt to go behind his p pumped 24 valve. He took it in the mud and got it stuck and proceeded to beat on it until he got it out . It took a lot of rpm to move and the trans fluid looked like Pepto bismol. I planned on going through it anyway so far no smoked clutches just some rust and a rough looking band. Gotta clean my bench off to keep it all organized. Can anyone I.D. this converter? It looks like a good one but idk I'm hoping it's still good

Took me forever to upload them

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_211448850.jpg
    IMG_20190907_211448850.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190907_211454999.jpg
    IMG_20190907_211454999.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190907_211457766.jpg
    IMG_20190907_211457766.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190907_211507280.jpg
    IMG_20190907_211507280.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190907_211443824.jpg
    IMG_20190907_211443824.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 0
Id guess its from transtar or recon,only way to be sure what it is is to have it cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably transstar.
I wouldn’t not open it up unless you can afford to have the truck down again.

Probably transstar.
I wouldn’t not open it up unless you can afford to have the truck down again.

The truck is down.... I'm going to build this trans and put it in my first gen dually. I'm just trying to not buy stuff I don't need because I don't have a lot of dough. I already know I'm going to need a rebuild kit and would like a nice shift kit. Just wan a fairly stout trans because I plow snow

You dont need or want a shift kit to plow snow. You dont want a tripple disk either. A billet single with a stock stall is what you want.

You dont need or want a shift kit to plow snow. You dont want a tripple disk either. A billet single with a stock stall is what you want.
Didn't want a triple disk in the first place. Truck is not only a plow rig, it's my daily. I'm putting a nice billet single disk and why wouldn't I want a shift kit? Not trying to make the ***** slam in gear just a nice firm shift. Just buying a superior shift kit anyway

Didn't want a triple disk in the first place. Truck is not only a plow rig, it's my daily. I'm putting a nice billet single disk and why wouldn't I want a shift kit? Not trying to make the ***** slam in gear just a nice firm shift. Just buying a superior shift kit anyway

Transgo is a much better option, being from texas ive never messed with something setup for plowing snow. But i do recall something in the shift kit that is meant for snow plow trucks. Not many plow trucks down here though, never paid it any attention

d4fcc176c635af703cb2473e04a2fee4.jpg

Maybe someone else knows what the purpose of this is, and how it would benefit you for a plow truck.

Cut open

Who does that? The cutting and. Checking I mean

You need someone who builds converters. They would cut it open and check it out. There are a lot of shops, If you want a reference, I have used diesel performance converters.You can call DPC converters ask for Phil his customer service is great. He can cut it open, rebuild it exchange it etc etc. He is a real good guy to do business with.

Shift kit

d4fcc176c635af703cb2473e04a2fee4.jpg

Maybe someone else knows what the purpose of this is, and how it would benefit you for a plow truck.

is this instructions for the trans go kit? I've read a lot on both the superior and trans go kits. I don't really want to drill into my vb right now. Maybe later

You need someone who builds converters. They would cut it open and check it out. There are a lot of shops, If you want a reference, I have used diesel performance converters.You can call DPC converters ask for Phil his customer service is great. He can cut it open, rebuild it exchange it etc etc. He is a real good guy to do business with.
Ok I will check them out for sure thank you much

Back