Flashing OD Light

J

johndeere1

99 7.3, started the truck up today and the Over Drive light was flashing, it flashed for 5 min then shut off. Tranny seems to be shifting fine, i don't know if it is because it is cold out now and I have three Trans Coolers on it, the Tanny is a Jasper Monster Box only 2 years old. Any idea what may have cause that??:poke:

Did your Speedo work? My dad had a '99 F350 Auto that would have the OD light flash, OD would be disabled and the speedo would quit working.. it was caused by a Bad VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

If its cold out and the tranny is not up to temp then the TC will not engage until the temp comes up. Now if you have something to overide the TC and it does lock up before its up to temp it will flash the light. Ive also got 3 coolers and a bigger pan and a TC lock-up control.

Alright Yeah i do have the 3 Coolers and the Bigger Pan, It was 60 degrees out when it did it, and it has not done it since then. This morning here it was 30 degrees out, but i really did not pay attention i let it run for 20 min. I hope the tranny stored a code so i think the next step would be to hook it to a scan tool.

Back