flipped gen 2 manifold on SD 250

ratrod111

Anyone able to use a factory 1996 cummins exhaust manifold flipped for a super duty ford 12 valve conversion ? Just tring to get mentally prepared for the next pile of money that i may have to spend. Hopefully finishing the paint this coming week.

dont see why not. several guys have used 3rd gen manifolds, myself included. easier to find and cheaper too

Also, You might have to re-clock the turbo so the oil drain tube will work and some have had to add a spacer between the turbo and manifold, might have to rework the wastegate too. But it is doable.

I am using one but i'm also running twins so my exhaust is much lower. as far as clearance for the turbo they work good.

Kasey, any pics of yours online? It's a little late for me know but 2 weeks ago when I was fabbing my twins into my 03 F-250, I would've love to see how someone else did it. I ended up using an ATS 3 piece exhaust manifold with no spacer between it and the secondary turbo and then used one of BD Diesel exhaust elbows to connect to the primary. I kept having clearance issues with the A/C/heater box so I had a 2 inch spacer machined and added it to the bottom of the BD elbow. It spaced the primary down low enough to give me heater box clearance and gave me room to run the tubing out of the top of the primary and up to the secondary.

Back