flycuts in a street engine? need some honest no bs advice.

Got Smoke?

Ok I'm converting my 97 back into a street truck and I already had the rotating assembly balanced with a set of McBee big bowl pistons. They have .100" valve reliefs cut into them because I was going to run a big cam and turn a lot of rpm's.

Now the truck will just be a high hp street machine but I want it to be able to hook to a loaded gooseneck and go anywhere. Are the fly cuts going to mess with compression enough to warrant replacing them and needing to have the whole rotating assembly balanced again?

I would run them. But if you decide not to let me know a price for them.

i daily drive my truck with .100'' releifs at around 15:1 for comp. im running a stage 5 colt cam in a p pump 24v and have no problems

i daily drive my truck with .100'' releifs at around 15:1 for comp. im running a stage 5 colt cam in a p pump 24v and have no problems

My main concern was towing I don't tow regularly but its usually heavy when I do.

oh my bad i didnt catch that part. i dont do mch towing and if i do its usually light so im not to sure about that part

Mark, my 98's motors setup at 15.5 and it was a non-issue on the street, I put almost 60K on it like that.

Jim

Not sure if mine count since they are monotherms but they have .75 deep vavle pockets.. Assuming right around 16:1 on CR. I also have a high lift Fletcher DP3 cam.

All I do it mostly street miles with some track time.. Runs fine.

We had a 96 12v that had .040 stock replacement Mahle pistons with .100 valve reliefs, a big hogue cam, and 20* of timing. It was ok for towing and driving in general. The biggest problem was when it got below 60*, good luck starting it and wanting to go any where real soon. It was ok once it warmed up a while, but this guy had no patience. LOL

Back